[Solved] Battery usage increase

CaitsBR

Members
May 9, 2020
Hey there,

does anyone else feel like battery usage has been way higher since MIUI 12.5 or Android 11 beta release ?

I used to end my day with at least 40% left and now it dropped like 20% in the first hour or so after been unplugged from the charger.

Mi 9 weekly 21.2.3

Hey there,

does anyone else feel like battery usage has been way higher since MIUI 12.5 or Android 11 beta release ?

I used to end my day with at least 40% left and now it dropped like 20% in the first hour or so after been unplugged from the charger.

Mi 9 weekly 21.2.3
Try disabling autostart apps and see
It's a terrible bug

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Everytime u install an app it sets autostart on, this is sooo bad

Try disabling autostart apps and see
It's a terrible bug

I only have 2 apps set to autostart but a few more that show as running even though I don't have them in the background or used recently.

Close all apps from security, wipe dalvik and cache from recovery and reboot

Everytime u install an app it sets autostart on, this is sooo bad

It's not set to auto-start, it's given the *permission* to auto-start. Doesn't mean that it does. Most apps are not designed to auto-start. Jeez...

And could it be off by default?

Ask Xiaomi, we keep it as it is by default.
If we force it to be off, a lot of apps are going to be malfunctioning (messengers, email apps, social apps), and we're going to have to deal with the backlash. Explain why would we want such a thing?

Miui has ai, and can detect app types (as fir powersaver)

Power saver and auto-start permission are two separate things handled by different apps. Seems like you're just guessing here.

Power saver and auto-start permission are two separate things handled by different apps. Seems like you're just guessing here.

Close all apps from security, wipe dalvik and cache from recovery and reboot

After wiping dalkik cache and cache as suggest from recovery and disabling MIUI Lab "AI Preloading" it seems like the issues are solved.

Not sure which of the above is the solution but, my best guess is that the preloading app thing kept lots of apps running in the background thinking I might use them at some point.

I checked in the running apps section before disabling and usually Netflix, Spotify and 2 more were always running, even though I didn't used them.

After disabling no apps were running in the background only the apps I gave permission to autostart.

Reactions: lysiong