SOLVED: Dumb move: Checked EVERYTHING in 'Advanced wipe'... how to access my phone now?

marisar

Members
Dec 18, 2021
Hi everyone!

New and proud owner of a Mi 11 Ultra... and I potentially already bricked it 1 week after purchase. :-(
I unlocked the bootloader, followed instructions on tradingshenzhen to install twrp and EU rom but had a fundamental ****up when I was asked to do the wipe in TWRP. I did the "advanced wipe", selected everything on the screen and thats it... now I am stuck with the fastboot screen without any chance to access the phone from my mac. :-(
XiaomiTool v2 show the phone but when it forces a reboot to get adb connection, nothing works.
Any help is appreciated!

Cheers, Marisar

xMarvin732

Members
Aug 10, 2019
Hi everyone!

New and proud owner of a Mi 11 Ultra... and I potentially already bricked it 1 week after purchase. :-(
I unlocked the bootloader, followed instructions on *************** to install twrp and EU rom but had a fundamental ****up when I was asked to do the wipe in TWRP. I did the "advanced wipe", selected everything on the screen and thats it... now I am stuck with the fastboot screen without any chance to access the phone from my mac. :-(
XiaomiTool v2 show the phone but when it forces a reboot to get adb connection, nothing works.
Any help is appreciated!

Cheers, Marisar
Follow this here:

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Hello, try to flash an Official fastboot ROM via MiFlash Tool.

But if it doesn't work, the only solution to unbrick your device is to pay for a "EDL unbrick" service => The most known service is @*spam*paid*service* (Telegram). ;)

marisar

Members
Dec 18, 2021
Hello, try to flash an Official fastboot ROM via MiFlash Tool.

But if it doesn't work, the only solution to unbrick your device is to pay for a "EDL unbrick" service => The most known service is @*spam*paid*service* (Telegram). ;)
I think I'll do this. Tried a couple things that didn't work out so far.

Is there a guide somewhere how to do this? Sorry for bothering but I am really lost since there are so many versions of the flash tool (googled it) and also of the roms.

marisar

Members
Dec 18, 2021
Awesome, thanks for the links. It worked. :emoji_yum: :emoji_bow:

Unfortunately, while messing around and testing different systems I made another major plunder: One of the roms must have re-locked my bootloader again and when wiping the phone for another install I now get an error message in MiFlash "Error: Erasing boot_ab. FAILED 'Erase is not allowed in lock state'
Pffffff.... I can only boot to Fastboot, which does not allow me to unlock in the XiaomiTool (guess I didnt activate debugging before deleting the system. :-( )

I guess I should make a new thread for this since it is a new problem, right?

LOLO9393

Members
Feb 8, 2016
Awesome, thanks for the links. It worked. :emoji_yum: :emoji_bow:

Unfortunately, while messing around and testing different systems I made another major plunder: One of the roms must have re-locked my bootloader again and when wiping the phone for another install I now get an error message in MiFlash "Error: Erasing boot_ab. FAILED 'Erase is not allowed in lock state'
Pffffff.... I can only boot to Fastboot, which does not allow me to unlock in the XiaomiTool (guess I didnt activate debugging before deleting the system. :-( )

I guess I should make a new thread for this since it is a new problem, right?
no! not needed.