[solved] Miui 9.6 - Dev Rom 8.4.26 - Led Notification Issue

SAngeli

Members
Mar 18, 2016
Hi,
I have a Xiaomi Mi 5s with xiaomi.eu developer rom. Till ver 8.4.12 all led notifications were working perfectly (led notification has always been working fine since ever).
Yesterday, I updated to dev rom 8.4.26 and suddenly all kind of led notifications do not work.
I know led works because when I charge my smartphone the led is turned on automatically and this is the only time the led appears to function.
  • Missed phone calls, no led notification
  • SMS message, no led notification
  • WhatsApp message, no led notification
  • Incoming email, no led notification
How do I solve this issue? Please advise and please help...
Many thanks

Reactions: Arni69
In my case all notification are blueand i have a lot of battery drain. I don't like the last updates of this rom

have u tried settings/notification/application notification..and turn on for apps that u want led notification

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, but the colour is only blue, in the precedent versions was green for WhatsApp, red for GMail, blue for FB, etc.

I believe the best thing to do is wait till friday for the release of the new rom. If the problem persists then I do not know if it is best to Factory Reset the device (even if I wish to avoid this) or change rom to Stable.
Is this something that needs to be filed as a "bug" or on the main page of the downoad site of xiaomi.eu?

PriorityOne: you mentioned that "not anymore..." Can you please elaborate a bit so we understand?

I have update the TWRP recovery at last version, the problem of battery drain seems solved

Hi,
I just want to report that I was able to solve the problem. Reading on the Internet I found that the solution is to turn off completely ALL LED Notifications and then turn them on again. To be sure I turned them off, rebooted the devices and then turned them on. Now all works fine.
Do not know why this happened but it did work.

Reactions: peterdue
Hi,
I just want to report that I was able to solve the problem. Reading on the Internet I found that the solution is to turn off completely ALL LED Notifications and then turn them on again. To be sure I turned them off, rebooted the devices and then turned them on. Now all works fine.
Do not know why this happened but it did work.
For me it didn't work, still have only the blue notification led for all notifications.

For me it didn't work, still have only the blue notification led for all notifications.
Hi Technoboy45,
I don't not if what I am about to tell you can make a difference, not being an expert, but please try this:
1. disable all kind of led notifications in device settings
2. turn your device off
3. boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. Make sure not to mess up and select only those two selections. Here is an example.
4. reboot your device withing recovery. This will take a bit
5. go into device settings and enable led notifications: apply desire colors for each notification.
Test and see if this solved your problem.

Again, I am not an expert and perhaps what I suggested does not work at all, but it is worth a try. Alternatively, wait for new rom to be release, install it and see if this solves your issue. If the issue persists, I fear your best option is to factory reset (knowing this is not the preferred choice).