SOLVED: Seems to be dead Mi2A

thecryof

Members
Aug 29, 2013
The only activity I can get from it is when the battery is out and under USB power the LED will blink red after holding Power for a few seconds. Nothing on the screen and no sounds. This was working perfectly since a few months and is indeed a "real" one.

ADB will not recognize it and Windows 7 doesn't see it either.

There isn't much info online for this model, can anyone offer assistance to further diagnose and hopefully repair? There is a "fix" for a similar situation regarding the Mi2 where pins are shorted, but this model is a different configuration.

f**k yes! Your suggestion worked even though I could get NOTHING on the screen and no LED indicator. I just went ahead and put it in fastboot mode blindly, and after plugging it in USB the program only showed COM1 instead of the device id number. I went ahead and hit flash anyway (using flash_all_wipe.bat) and it looked to be working so I left it alone and after 3-4 minutes it said Completed Successfully. I disconnected the phone and held power and it powered on!

P.s. I used the latest developer version of the fastboot package (see link), dunno if that made a difference or not.

Edit (23/10/13): So of course this developer version of the fastboot package was the Chinese version. To fix that I grabbed the latest EU MIUI zip and put it on the sdcard, then from the updater app I selected this zip and installed. Guess I could have installed this via the recovery as well.

@Baaaax: If you are ever in Belgium I will buy you a beer mate!

Last edited:
Reactions: Baaaax