Some Questions About Flashing Eu Rom

lcarrieri

Members
Dec 1, 2017
Hi all,
I have a Mi Mix 2 phone with MIUI 9.1.1 Global stable ROM.
I already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP, SuperSU, etc.
My questions are:
1. Can I install the last EU ROM (weekly update) over the current ROM without wiping data partition and loosing all my settings and apps?
2. If I have to format data partition how can I recover my setting and apps after flashing EU ROM without reinstalling them from scratch? Is it enough to make a backup with the default app installed on the phone and restore after installing the EU ROM?
3. Are the weekly EU ROM updated via OTA or a manual installation is required afterwards?
Thanks in advance for your help
Best regards
Luigi

Hi all,
I have a Mi Mix 2 phone with MIUI 9.1.1 Global stable ROM.
I already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP, SuperSU, etc.
My questions are:
1. Can I install the last EU ROM (weekly update) over the current ROM without wiping data partition and loosing all my settings and apps?
2. If I have to format data partition how can I recover my setting and apps after flashing EU ROM without reinstalling them from scratch? Is it enough to make a backup with the default app installed on the phone and restore after installing the EU ROM?
3. Are the weekly EU ROM updated via OTA or a manual installation is required afterwards?
Thanks in advance for your help
Best regards
Luigi

Hi,

1) that might result in a boot loop

2) I'm not sure, but I think there was some encryption process, that not working if restored from default app

3) OTA

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: lcarrieri
If you do not wipe AND re-format the Data, you will get boot-loop when you try to flash the X ROM.

The re-format removes the encryption, which is necessary.
Make sure you back up everything you wish to keep, to you PC or an external device/location.