Some questions before switching over to Xiaomi.EU ROM

vicfromspace

Members
Jan 9, 2021
Hello, I am kinda new when it comes to installing a new ROM so I wanted to ask some questions, any and every answer is deeply appreciated!

1. Can you still use banking apps on the ROM without any problems?
  2. What about streaming apps? e.g., Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime
  3. Will I still receive OTA updates (new builds of the ROM) if I use TWRP? What about system app updates?
  4. Are there any security issues with the ROM?
  5. Does it have more stability and performance than the stock ROM?

Thank you everyone that helps!

You say stock ROM? which one are you using? P.s i haven't flashed a ROM in yonks, but i seem to remember it getting updated (and i've never had problems with banking apps) In all fairness, it's best to ask someone who knows about the new ROMS out there... ;)

You say stock ROM? which one are you using? P.s i haven't flashed a ROM in yonks, but i seem to remember it getting updated (and i've never had problems with banking apps) In all fairness, it's best to ask someone who knows about the new ROMS out there... ;)
By stock ROM I meant the Global ROM that comes installed, should've made that more clear, so you use Xiaomi EU ROM? Is it better in your experience?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

By stock ROM I meant the Global ROM that comes installed, should've made that more clear, so you use Xiaomi EU ROM? Is it better in your experience?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
Not sure as i had the global ROM pre installed...Which is a first for me as i usually get the Chinese renditions and go through all the rigmarole that entails.
To be honest i haven't even checked up on the differences, as i've just nipped over here from the official MIUI forums to check this out.