Some questions before switching over to Xiaomi.EU ROM

vicfromspace

Members
Jan 9, 2021
Hello, I am kinda new when it comes to installing a new ROM so I wanted to ask some questions, any and every answer is deeply appreciated!

1. Can you still use banking apps on the ROM without any problems?
  2. What about streaming apps? e.g., Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime
  3. Will I still receive OTA updates (new builds of the ROM) if I use TWRP? What about system app updates?
  4. Are there any security issues with the ROM?
  5. Does it have more stability and performance than the stock ROM?

Thank you everyone that helps!

1. usually yes unless dev ****s up safety net
2. you can use them
3. yes you will, systemapp updates come with rom update
4. its not official, other than that its ok
5. less stable than global stable but also faster

2. you can use them
3. yes you will, systemapp updates come with rom update
4. its not official, other than that its ok
5. less stable than global stable but also faster

Thank you for your answers! I forgot to ask, how is battery life? I heard it's better than the Global ROM.

Thank you for your answers! I forgot to ask, how is battery life? I heard it's better than the Global ROM.
It is (I used it on my previous device), I got a new device, but I haven't tried this ROM on it yet, but I asked other people that have used this ROM and with Global I'm getting around 7hrs of SOT but with this ROM, they get around 9 to 10hrs

You're the one ****ing up SafetyNet by unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom ROM. You're not even supposed to pass SafetyNet with an unlocked bootloader, and we have to bypass SafetyNet all the time. It's not a feature you're entitled to, it's a hack, one that Google does not want you to use, because unlocked phones are inherently unsafe. If you don't understand the purpose of SafetyNet, better keep those opinions to yourself.