Some Xiaomi Mi2 issues

mirzahadi

Members
Jan 14, 2013
I have been facing some issues in my mi2 for sometime now and I just wanted to know if other people are facing them too and if they found any solution.

1- Wifi Hot Spot does not work. It used to work before update to V5. It just says 'turning wifi on' and thats it.

2- Receving and making calls has glitches. People sometimes have to call me two or three times to get connected. Their previous calls show up as missed calls. Sometimes when I call someone it just gives a tone and it says call not completed. I have to try two or three times to get it to work. I have all my contacts saved in international format like '+ countrycode area code phone number'. Can that cause a problem?

3- Getting OTG to work has been the most frustating experience with mi2 for me. It is very random. I have to twist cable, remove/connect several times for it to even recognize.

Apart from all this, I still really like this phone.

1) Tethering works fine for me...

2) Change your carrier

3) Change your OTG cable

Tethering works for me only through usb. Wifi hotspot just hangs on 'turning wifi on'

I cannot change my carrier. They are the best available in the area.

I will try to get hold of another OTG cable.

I had some problems with tethering wifi in v4 (didn't install v5 yet) and I can confirm the usb otg problems (I'm using the original xiaomi cable, where's your god now...). As far as the radio problem goes I flashed the 3.4.5 and all the problems got solved (no h+, problems starting and receiving calls).