Someone should post an idiots guide on rooting/flashing

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by kassana, Sep 8, 2013.

1. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    I consider myself an expert in rooting and flashing. I've flashed/rooted everything from S2 to Nexus 4.

But for the life of me I cannot root this phone or put CWM on it.
    See one of my problems here;
    http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/rom-installation-problem.21930/#post-178041

I think some of the people here appear aloof and not willing to help a they've figured it out and if someone else cannot, they say don't bother then.

I've got an itchy finger to flash but I cannot.

In short my problem is I cannot install CWM effectively in developers rom, even when permissions are enabled and USB debugging is on. I cannot install from CWM or the Updater.

Someone please post a guide from the very beginning - step by step so it can be sticked.

Thanks in Advance to everyone.

2. Acid

AcidScripting Ninja
    Staff Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Male
    Why are you want to do that? Do you know that Mi2 is already rooted on dev rom? And you flash dev rom from Updater?

Wysłane z Hongmi

3. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
  4. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

5. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    No, I am not. I've done both, miflash works fine. flashable zip does not.

6. ingbrzy

ingbrzyXiaomi.eu Multilang leader
    Staff Member

write please more clear, what you are doing and what you want to do...

7. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Sorry for my confusion. I cannot install any zip file via updater or CWM. I cannot even install cwm properly. I have a dev ROM with USB debugging enabled and root access. Yet I cannot install any zip file at all.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

8. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Not being funny, but I've never experienced such a difficult support network. Can somebody help me - I would be very grateful. Firstly, how do I root the phone?

9. treiliert

treiliertMembers

Jan 14, 2013
    by flashing an already rooted ROM (all available ROMs for this phone, apart from the JLB ROMs, are already rooted).
    If you have already flashed the dev ROM (post #3), then you should have root access.
    What's concerning you?

10. dextructor

dextructorMembers

Feb 26, 2013
    Male
    kassana

Everyone here want to help, that's the spirit of a community but they WON'T do your job that it's to read the guides that already exist and answer questions that it's already answered.

Besides it feel free to ask and we will try to help:)

11. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male

Thank you for the post. But you're making wrong assumptions about me. I have all phones from S2 to Nexus 4 and Razr, I flash every single one of them. I love my mi2s, amazing phone.

I have read every guide and asked help, but I am just trying to figure it out.

I have installed a dev ROM 3.9.16 through miflash, and enabled permissions. So it should be rooted. But when checking through Root Check app - it says it's not.

Also, I cannot install WIUI rom or any other zip through updater or recovery. Nothing happens, the phone freezes.

I bought thephone from ibuygo.

12. davfiala

davfialaMembers

Aug 20, 2013
    Male
    Land Rover addict
    Czech Republic
    Flash it again with MiFlash, install dev rom and do a factory reset. Then report again.

13. dextructor

dextructorMembers

Feb 26, 2013
    Male
    kassana

Assuming that you really read all of the guides and follow every step carefully it should be ok, but let's try to help you anyway.

About root, did you enabled the ROOT on the permissions app in the security center folder? If so you will be with root permissions for Titanium Backup for example.

About WIUI Wajk aways recommended CWM and not Flash recovery(or updater) to flash his ROM, if so use it following M1cha guide to install CWM.

14. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    Did everything you guys said. Enabled root, but root checker says not rooted. Did a factory reset. Nothing. Can't install cwm, as per the instructions in the guide, I did everything correctly. Cwm freezes at 25% and my phone just freezes. Otherwise a Perfect phone. Its a genuine mi2s.

15. dextructor

dextructorMembers

Feb 26, 2013
    Male
    I've just installed Root Checker without enabling Root monitor permission and guess what? Said that isn't rooted!:eek:
    With just a flip of switch it magically works, so please make things right, post an screenshot of your Root monitor

About CWM it's the same thing, you and only you are having problem with the Mi-2S, other users are fine, so let's consider the options below:

1) You are not following ALL of the instructions correctly
    2) You have a fake device

16. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    As requested. See pics, no root. The device is from *******. I've done CPU z on it and it is not fake.

Attached Files:

17. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male

Attached Files:

18. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male
    So we know it's not fake and now we know I am doing the right thing. I am in IT and I have been doing this for years. So I am confident that I am doing the right thing as per my screenshots.

19. davfiala

davfialaMembers

Aug 20, 2013
    Male
    Land Rover addict
    Czech Republic
    Again, reflash it with Miflash, flash dev rom, factory reset and try it again.

20. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male

Okay, trying one more time.

21. davfiala

davfialaMembers

Aug 20, 2013
    Male
    Land Rover addict
    Czech Republic
    If you did everything correctly.... simply there is no possibility that is not working. Maybe you're not such an IT/flashing expert as you think. Even my girlfriend did it with ease.

dextructor likes this.
  22. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male

No need to be rude. I've been very respectful to you.

23. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male

And you're being sexist. Women are equal to men. You shouldn't insinuate that they are not.

24. davfiala

davfialaMembers

Aug 20, 2013
    Male
    Land Rover addict
    Czech Republic
    Excuse me, my friend, but apparently I am not patient enough to explain these things over and over again. There are step by step guides explaining everything you ask in this thread. Even what to do if updater stuck at 25%(also your case, i think). So I consider this thread as loss of everyone time, but I hope you will solve this problem asap. I will not participate this thread again.

25. kassana

kassanaMembers

Aug 31, 2013
    Male

Well, I'm grateful. Thank you. But i just take offense at you being sexist, that's all.

Share Our Site