Sound bar don't work when MI box is plugged

Mi me

Members
Jul 7, 2018
Hi, since the last update 2303, I have a new bug.
My sound bar is connected with HDMI in my TV. When I power On and power off my TV, the sound bar do the same (hdmi CEC).
But now that don't work and there is a communication problem between TV and sound bar, so I don't have the sound on sound bar when I power on manually.
This bug is for all sources of the TV (hdmi, antenna etc...)
When I remove the power cable of xiaomi box, all is right between TV and sound bar.
My father have the same problem and he have a different TV and different sound bar than me.

Nov 6, 2016
Same thing happened to me with a yamaha YAS-207, even if the box and the soundbar are on different HDMI ports on the TV. Disable the box CEC and it'll work as it should. This happened on the android 6 too.

May 24, 2018
Same here but randomly. So I don't know if it's due to mibox.
In this case, I have to switch mibox on, and then get back to previous source (TV antenna)

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2016
I don't event want to start guessing what the box does that effs up CEC for all other devices. I've had amazon stick, a raspberry pi on there, all worked good with CEC and didn't meddle with the soundbar. Xiaomi Box not only does it eff up it's own port but all HDMI ports on the TV.

May 24, 2018
I don't event want to start guessing what the box does that effs up CEC for all other devices. I've had amazon stick, a raspberry pi on there, all worked good with CEC and didn't meddle with the soundbar. Xiaomi Box not only does it eff up it's own port but all HDMI ports on the TV.
In my case, it is the first Hdmi-cec device I have. I also bought my soundbar after the mibox, so it is hard to say if the mibox is guilty.
Maybe it is a bug from my TV, maybe the soundbar, maybe the mibox. Honestly, I suspect the mibox. I will try to disable CEC from mibox and see if there is any improvement.

Jul 7, 2018
All worked fine before update 2303.
But now With mi box plugged = bug, when I unplug= work.
TV Sony, mi box 2303, sound bar Yamaha yas 106.
My father tv Panasonic, MI box 2303, sound bar LG SJ9. (that worked fine before update 2303 for him too)

May 24, 2018
Jul 29, 2015
You can swap between builds any time. Just start with 2167 and install another build

Also you may change results by varying order of powering up your various devices

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Feb 10, 2017
You can swap between builds any time. Just start with 2167 and install another build

Also you may change results by varying order of powering up your various devices

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
also not everyone is tech savvy...
telling this to average Joe will kill them in an instant....

flash this, factory reset, then try, if stil broken, flash those.... W T F, this is just a media box and it should be plug and play, not a prototype product released to customers....

Jul 29, 2015
HDMI-CEC is moody atm afaik.... mine sometimes can power up along with TV, 90% not....
The industry spec for CEC only entails a 2 paragraph description and has been approved by major brands since 2003.

Nice and easy as it only involves 2 binary options:power or/off and Volume up/down.

The inconsistency comes as various tv makers "enhance" their implementation of this well defined industry standard and screw it up so there are now multiple versions and they bear no resemblance to the original standard.

In many cases, even equipment from the same brands fails to interact properly!!!

If you want to complain about CEC, ask your TV maker why they have strayed from the industry standard.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018
The industry spec for In many casesCEC only entails a 2 paragraph description and has been approved by major brands since 2003.

Nice and easy as it only involves 2 binary options:power or/off and Volume up/down.

The inconsistency comes as various tv makers "enhance" their implementation of this well defined industry standard and screw it up so there are now multiple versions and they bear no resemblance to the original standard.

In many cases, even equipment from the same brands fails to interact properly!!!

If you want to complain about CEC, ask your TV maker why they have strayed from the industry standard.
My TV and soundbar work well together.
How can you explain my soundbar has issue only when mibox is plugged in ?

Nov 6, 2016
I think I mentioned this previously. I've had the soundbar working with Amazon Fire Stick, 2 raspberry Pi-s (all together) and an IPTV STB, all of that on 2 brands of TVs - A Phillips and an LG. After adding the Box on any HDMI port, it throws things out of whack with the soundbar. Disabling the CEC on the Box, all works as it should. The box is the common denominator.

Jul 29, 2015
I think I mentioned this previously. I've had the soundbar working with Amazon Fire Stick, 2 raspberry Pi-s (all together) and an IPTV STB, all of that on 2 brands of TVs - A Phillips and an LG. After adding the Box on any HDMI port, it throws things out of whack with the soundbar. Disabling the CEC on the Box, all works as it should. The box is the common denominator.
Correction...the firmware version you are running is the problem. Try an earlier, more stable version.