Stable Or Dev

Amineleg

Members
Dec 18, 2016
hello guys,
for those who tried both stable 8.1.3.0 and beta 6.12.22 which one is better? and what are the major bugs in both roms?

So you write comments with no experience on current miui.

Dev is based on nougat and not official yet, stable is mm, mores usable. I am still with mm.
I answered generally to stable/dev choice.

sent from my MI5

for me, its stable - much better battery life and smoother. Plus you dont need to download 1 gb every week :). my main issue with the current stable is GPS. not all will have this problem though. it's been discussed quite extensively in the main forum. some users have serious GPS issue and some dont. So, if you have GPS issue previously, better install 8.1.1.0 because i have much better GPS performance in that version.

for me, its stable - much better battery life and smoother. Plus you dont need to download 1 gb every week :). my main issue with the current stable is GPS. not all will have this problem though. it's been discussed quite extensively in the main forum. some users have serious GPS issue and some dont. So, if you have GPS issue previously, better install 8.1.1.0 because i have much better GPS performance in that version.
thank you, I decided to try both stable and dev and see which one is the best.

I've been using stable releases, and I'm quite happy with them (I haven't used dev releases, so can't really compare, though). Currently using 8.1.3.0 Stable, good performance and battery life. Contrary to what other people have experienced, my GPS performance (accuracy and lock-on time) actually got *better* with 8.1.3.0 :)

I just decided to go with stable 8.1.7.0. it is smooth and no complaints so far.

But latest security update is from 2016-08-05. Man, that is old. How is it in latest dev rom? If it's newer, I think I'm going to change..

There is no china stable 8.1.7.0 (nougat). I the xiaomi.eu 8.1.7.0 version homemade? It can not be official..