Stable Xiaomi.eu Miui 9.5.2

morback

Members
Mar 11, 2018
Hi all

Stable Xiaomi.eu MIUI 9.5.2 is finally out :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be based on Android 8.0.
Because if this, is there any special step to do before updating from stable 9.2?
Like updating TWRP?

Thanks for your help :D

Edit : I tried to download the update through the dedicated section in settings, and when I touch "download", a toast message says "you are already up to date" ... Is it because the file is not uploaded on Xiaomi.eu update servers yet?

Last edited:
I think that you need to update from recovery, but you need the recovery for Oreo, if you go on recovery download page you will see something like "Mi mix 2 V8.0". I don't understand if there is face unlock, or not.. I love this function, but now I downloading the update to check.
So, the procedure before update for you are:
-reboot to recovery
-flash v8.0 recovery
-wipe data and factory reset
-flash last update
-reboot
Then enjoy miui lol

I think that you need to update from recovery, but you need the recovery for Oreo, if you go on recovery download page you will see something like "Mi mix 2 V8.0". I don't understand if there is face unlock, or not.. I love this function, but now I downloading the update to check.
So, the procedure before update for you are:
-reboot to recovery
-flash v8.0 recovery
-wipe data and factory reset
-flash last update
-reboot
Then enjoy miui lol

So, you confirm that this update needs a factory reset?

Holy crap, for me, this is not really a problem, but this is my gf phone :D

Actually I made a copy of official post.. Factory reset is not necessary, but I advise you to do for remove all useless file and to clean the phone :D:D

I just made a backup, updated TWRP then dirty flashed over 9.2 and everything is working fine so far...

Edit : I can't find face unlock (there is nothing under "manage fingerprints")
Is it because I dirty flashed? Could someone who updated confirm? Thanks

Last edited:
For me didn't work with "dirt" installation. I've made Factory Reset but fortunately MI Backup is still compatible with Oreo.

Reactions: morback
I just made a backup, updated TWRP then dirty flashed over 9.2 and everything is working fine so far...

Edit : I can't find face unlock (there is nothing under "manage fingerprints")
Is it because I dirty flashed? Could someone who updated confirm? Thanks

I did a clean install and face unlock also not there.
In the Developer Rom that I had before it was there, but it's crap. It recognized me fast and everytime. Problem was also my brother was recognized and no we are no twins and he looks definitely different from me.

Reactions: morback
I'm new to Miui EU. I have a Mi Mix 2 and i want to update to 9.5.2 but OTA is not working. Is there a guide on how to update? Will i lose all my data? Is there anyway of making OTA work? Thanks in advance!

OTA didn't work either for me.
To update its pretty simple, just download the appropriate recovery (TWRP chiron 8), unzip the file to get the .img file. Then in TWRP in install section check "image file" box, then flash the .img as recovery. Reboot to recovery, flash the last Xiaomi.eu rom and and wipe cache and dalvik. Reboot to system.

OTA didn't work either for me.
To update its pretty simple, just download the appropriate recovery (TWRP chiron 8), unzip the file to get the .img file. Then in TWRP in install section check "image file" box, then flash the .img as recovery. Reboot to recovery, flash the last Xiaomi.eu rom and and wipe cache and dalvik. Reboot to system.

Thank for your help!
Does did mean that i lose all my data?

Thank for your help!
Does did mean that i lose all my data?
Precisely not, as this is a dirty flash and you don't have to swipe data nor storage partition. At least it worked really well for me. But if you're not sure, just make a full backup with your current TWRP, copy it on your pc just to be sure... I did fyi.

OTA didn't work for me either, said there was an update but it wouldn't download anything. I downloaded the rom from SourceForge and selected 'Choose update package' in the Updater and chose the zip file. Upgraded to 9.5.2.0 fine and all of my data/apps are still working fine so far.

Edit: The previous Xiaomi.eu rom (9.2.7.0?) updated my recovery for me when I flashed it so my recovery was already compatible with Android 8.

OTA didn't work for me either, said there was an update but it wouldn't download anything. I downloaded the rom from SourceForge and selected 'Choose update package' in the Updater and chose the zip file. Upgraded to 9.5.2.0 fine and all of my data/apps are still working fine so far.

Edit: The previous Xiaomi.eu rom (9.2.7.0?) updated my recovery for me when I flashed it so my recovery was already compatible with Android 8.

Nice, this is equivalent but far more simple. If OTA doesn't work for next update, I'll proceed like this.

twrp_chiron_8.img is not working for me. Everything under Install is encrypted. I also tried raupes version twrp-3.2.1-0-chiron_raupe-20180124-0958_MIUI.img. Deencryption works but after installing the current stable on my Mix 2 it stucks in a bootloop. Before installing I did a Factory Reset under Wipe in TWRP as suggested. Any advices?

What about the differences beetween 8.3.8 dev and 9.5.2 stable ROMs...?
Is it worth to install the stable ROM?

twrp_chiron_8.img is not working for me. Everything under Install is encrypted. I also tried raupes version twrp-3.2.1-0-chiron_raupe-20180124-0958_MIUI.img. Deencryption works but after installing the current stable on my Mix 2 it stucks in a bootloop. Before installing I did a Factory Reset under Wipe in TWRP as suggested. Any advices?

What ROM version?

Format data in TWRP
Reboot to TWRP again
Copy ROM to internal storage and install through TWRP.