Status bar auto hiding (3.5.10)

Jan 12, 2013
Hi,

For the last 2 releases of miui (I have a xiaomi 2) I have had a problem with the status bar automatically hiding.

I do not use the standard launcher. I use nova launcher (I prefer it sorry) so Im assuming this is the issue. Maybe the developers have changed something for the miui launcher which is now bugging other launchers?

I have tried every single setting that's available under status bar in the settings nothing changes the fact that the status bar is now auto hiding when I have the launcher open and no applications open.

It did not happen 2 versions ago...or older. (3.5.10 and 3.5.3 I've had issues with)

Thanks

Loop

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
Isnt there an option in Nova to turn on extended desktop? I mean like full screen (so status bar is hidding).
But, MIUI doesn't support 3rd party launchers. You have to wait for your launcher update.

Jan 12, 2013
interesting you're right. It seems it was nova. But oddly I hadn't changed anything in nova for a long time...an update in miui must have (indirectly) caused something in nova to change maybe (nova bug?) but anyway problem solved thanks for your help. The I was aware other launchers werent supported but I thought it was a statusbar problem with the os. for example I know the settings options in nova are totally messed up using the miui rom but I have accepted that issue for a long time :)