Resolved Status bar getting black color when locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue with status bar on redmi k20 pro 9.8.1. It looks bad, while locking screen first status bar turns black and then the screen goes off. Please fix this guys
No problem with chrome tho

Having the exact same issue with my mi 9t on the latest dev, no matter if I'm on the launcher or an app while locking the phone first the status bar turn black then the screen is going off

We don't have any of these devices, and can't reproduce it on other devices that we have, so... nothing we can do here...

Issue is present on the Mi 8.

It seems to be related to ambient display, namely always on display. If it is toggled on, when locking the phone, the status bar turns black and after another half a second the rest of the rest of the display area does.

If AOD is disabled the issue is not present.

The same thing has been happening since June releases if not earlier.

This is not present on the official stable release (xiaomi one not yours) so not sure if it's something related to the chiana base that is used for xiaomi.eu as i don't have access to the china rom.
It's not a big deal as it does not affect the functionality of anything, it's more of a cosmetic issue that i suspect affects all the AOD enabled devices (though I can't test on anything apart from the Mi 8).

Reactions: JuanSdAlo
Issue is present on the Mi 8.

It seems to be related to ambient display, namely always on display. If it is toggled on, when locking the phone, the status bar turns black and after another half a second the rest of the rest of the display area does.

If AOD is disabled the issue is not present.

The same thing has been happening since June releases if not earlier.

This is not present on the official stable release (xiaomi one not yours) so not sure if it's something related to the chiana base that is used for xiaomi.eu as i don't have access to the china rom.
It's not a big deal as it does not affect the functionality of anything, it's more of a cosmetic issue that i suspect affects all the AOD enabled devices (though I can't test on anything apart from the Mi 8).

Actually i have the issue even with AOD disabled, but as you said i also didn't had the issue on stable release (Global and Xiaomi.eu version)

I have the same issue with status bar on redmi k20 pro 9.8.1. It looks bad, while locking screen first status bar turns black and then the screen goes off. Please fix this guys
No problem with chrome tho
I have the same problem. As for Chrome, it happens when you use gestures, which is unfortunate as I've already switched and got accustomed to the gesture system in MIUI 10.

I've noticed this too. This doesn't happen on the global stable ROM.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Same here on MI 9T and when unlock phone with fingerprint theres is a Black parts of screen like half of second

Hi, on mi 9se 9.8.15 i have this issue with fingerprint enabled or with Always on display enabled. I hope that we can fix this. In stable version this bug are not present

Reactions: Vichergsen
We don't have any of these devices, and can't reproduce it on other devices that we have, so... nothing we can do here...

Here is evidence, look at the notification bar at the top. This has been happening for a while but it would be cool to fix it

Here is evidence, look at the notification bar at the top. This has been happening for a while but it would be cool to fix it

I asked for an evidence? My reply was very clear... I can't telepathically fix issues I don't have.

Mi Mix 2S here, same bug. It appeared after update to 9.9.3, wasn't there on stable 10.3 ROM. Now on MIUI 11.0.2.0 it is still there!

It's not only a status bar, lock screen and notification drawer become black as well:
The whole thing up to com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.StatusBarWindowView becomes black.
I can provide any info, patch any file, change any line of code, let's just find why this happens :)

Reactions: Faabio
Ooohhh yeaaaah, I fixed it! :)

Problem is with ScrimView +id/scrim_in_front in status bar. It has default black color and class com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.ScrimController changes its alpha between 0.0f and 1.0f under different circumstances. Front scrim covers everything inside status bar/notification drawer/lock screen. Switching off AOD was probably fixing it because there are different conditions for this in ScrimController and AOD being active is one of them. Root problem is probably deeper, e.g. dozing (another condition) being activated too early when you press power button and not when screen actually turns off, or something like that.

I just modified method com.android.systemui.statusbar.ScrimView.setScrimColor(int color) to change color from black to transparent whenever it tries to set it for scrim_in_front.

Reactions: Dorisnov

Problem is with ScrimView +id/scrim_in_front in status bar. It has default black color and class com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.ScrimController changes its alpha between 0.0f and 1.0f under different circumstances. Front scrim covers everything inside status bar/notification drawer/lock screen. Switching off AOD was probably fixing it because there are different conditions for this in ScrimController and AOD being active is one of them. Root problem is probably deeper, e.g. dozing (another condition) being activated too early when you press power button and not when screen actually turns off, or something like that.

I just modified method com.android.systemui.statusbar.ScrimView.setScrimColor(int color) to change color from black to transparent whenever it tries to set it for scrim_in_front.

Such a good new, maybe dev team can apply your solution.

Thanks mate!

It's an interesting finding, but given the fact I don't have a device other than Mi 5 and Mi 6, there nothing I can do to investigate this any further...

Status
Not open for further replies.