Status of Android 11 (Miui 12) update for Curtana

stivo84

Members
Aug 7, 2020
Is it safe to update to the current "stable" MIUI 12 ( RJWMIXM) release for Curtana or is this still the troublesome Pre-Release Android 11 version that causes more issues than helps on my phone at all?

Unfortunately, the post in the stable thread got lost somewhere in the shuffle. I remember the last time I tried the update to MIU 12 / Android 11 on my Curtana left my phone (amongst other issues) "mute" which means that I could pick up/ do calls but my counterpart was never able to hear me. There was no way of resolving this like normal (e.g. redo the permissions of the dialer-app or reset the setting for Android assistant). I could see from some non-English posts in here that this happened to more users as well.

Was there anyone successfully Curtana to MIUI 12 / Android 11 already? Or at least able to update the phone via a clean flash?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Stay on stable Android 10. I moved to the current release and it sucks. Lots of small bugs, and battery life is worse.

I did not clean flash, however.

Stay on stable Android 10. I moved to the current release and it sucks. Lots of small bugs, and battery life is worse.

I did not clean flash, however.
Thanks for confirming my doubts on the current version. I hope the note 9S will receive a more stable version than the current "public beta"-thing