Still on MIUI-JLB7.0 - looking to update - confused

ichigo786

Members
Jan 11, 2013
Hi i am still currently on MIUI-JLB7.0 and i wanted to upgrade my ROM, but i have some questions.

JLB 14/15 are they stable without any battery life drain or any other problems?

Also what does this mean:

"IMPORTANT : Once you updated to QDT07/JLB14/3.3.29 Then you can't downgrade to earlier versions of V5 or V4."

So if i upgrade to say JLB15 (just released i believe) i cant download and install Miui v5 / v4 i will have to wait for Miui v6 to be able to install a Miui ROM, right...?

Also what ROM is the QDT07?

and lastly if i install WIUI ROM can i still change it to JLB15 afterwards? Or if i install JLB15 then can i change it to WIUI?

PS anyone have problems with WIUI, i see that the ROM hasnt been updated since February, will a new version come out?

Thank you for any help.

JLB 14/15 are they stable without any battery life drain or any other problems?

The latest JLB version I've used is 12 is basically V4 until then no battery issues, some users complain about V5 battery (I don't know if JLB 14/15 is V5 or not)

"IMPORTANT : Once you updated to QDT07/JLB14/3.3.29 Then you can't downgrade to earlier versions of V5 or V4."

So if i upgrade to say JLB15 (just released i believe) i cant download and install Miui v5 / v4 i will have to wait for Miui v6 to be able to install a Miui ROM, right...?

If I remember well since 3.2.29 (QDT07) you can't downgrade because they have upgraded the touchscreen and other things (baseband in some cases could be downgraded). But 3.4.22 is V5 and have a very good battery use with no drain (my daily bases)

Also what ROM is the QDT07?

QDT07 is very buggy then they launched QDT10 that is more smooth and reliable. This ROM's (QDT) is stock Android without MIUI customization.

and lastly if i install WIUI ROM can i still change it to JLB15 afterwards? Or if i install JLB15 then can i change it to WIUI?

If JLB 15 has the same firmware bases that WIUI version that you wanna to install then you can install as you wish.

PS anyone have problems with WIUI, i see that the ROM hasnt been updated since February, will a new version come out?

You need to check the threads more often. The WIUI was launched in February then is updated every 2 weeks and Wajk is doing a great job

after having tested almost all available ROMs, I am now since 1 month on JLB14 and I don’t want to upgrade to JLB15 cause I am absolutely satisfied:

1. 100% stable, free of bugs, whereas with almost all other ROMs I always had some minor issue to cope with
2. very good battery life, 3 days on average with medium use (I do almost everything else apart from playing games). I activate 3G only when necessary
3. very good CPU management, almost always over 50% and after killing all apps I get more than 1300MB free CPU whereas with other ROMs I was constantly between 40-50% and after killing all apps I got around 1200MB free CPU
4. nice UI, much nicer than with V4.
5. One of the two most annoying issues of JLB>14, namely the Location Services Bug outside of China, has now been removed. The other one is that it’s not rooted.

So, from my point of view, I recommend you the stock MIUI ROM (JLB14 or 15)

thanks for the replies guys, i want to know is JLB14 rooted? if not how do i root JLB14, is it even possible?

Can i root Wiui or QDT10?

thanks for the replies guys, i want to know is JLB14 rooted? if not how do i root JLB14, is it even possible?

Can i root Wiui or QDT10?

JLB 14 is NOT rooted. If you search, you will find some questionable methods to root it, that I don't want to quote here. However think first why you definitely need root and then proceed with caution. There are also the Develpment ROMs which are rooted, but they are still beta, namely unofficial. Check here:

http://en.miui.com/thread-1885-1-1.html