Stock recovery and Xiaomi EU ROM

m@c|-|oR

Members
Sep 5, 2020
In another thread here in Forum I've read that XEU ROMs could be flashed even through the stock recovery (Mi Recovery). With the new android 11 builds there are new problems especially with TWRP that puts the phone into bootloop, nd could be entered only via fastboot commands.
Therefore I am thinking of flashing the stock recovery and trying to flash the new XEU build through it.
Stock recovery could be found in fastboot ROMs, that's what I learned. But which one?
Are there any differences between recoveries for different regions (CN, Global, IN, EU)? My phone came as global, but now runs on XEU, which I believe is CN base.
Is there any difference between Android 10 and Android 11 recovery-wise?

Bottom line - what should one do (step-by-step) in order to download/flash the proper stock recovery and flash the latest XEU build?

All this while waiting for a new functional TWRP that would solve us of all the trouble.

In another thread here in Forum I've read that XEU ROMs could be flashed even through the stock recovery (Mi Recovery). With the new android 11 builds there are new problems especially with TWRP that puts the phone into bootloop, nd could be entered only via fastboot commands.
Therefore I am thinking of flashing the stock recovery and trying to flash the new XEU build through it.
Stock recovery could be found in fastboot ROMs, that's what I learned. But which one?
Are there any differences between recoveries for different regions (CN, Global, IN, EU)? My phone came as global, but now runs on XEU, which I believe is CN base.
Is there any difference between Android 10 and Android 11 recovery-wise?

Bottom line - what should one do (step-by-step) in order to download/flash the proper stock recovery and flash the latest XEU build?

All this while waiting for a new functional TWRP that would solve us of all the trouble.
[/QUO

What's the problem with current twrp, beside you have to enter through fastboot?
Its working right

Reactions: m@c|-|oR
What were you going to say, mate?
Edit: okay I see your answer hidden in my quote.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

lol, my comment is gone.

Did you have this on latest weekly or allready severall builds?

No, it's just hidden within my quote. I saw it later.
Alright, I personally didn't have problems with TWRP. My phine is on 12.0.8 and is working fine.
But I'm itching to move to A11. And there are people reporting the problem with it, as you said - could be only accessed through fastboot command.
At times it could be rather inconvenient.
Another user, however said that he was flashinh XEU ROMs through the stock recovery, and I wondered if it would work also for me.
Have no need for Magisk or other rootkits, all I need is a reliable and functional phone with the latest OS and security patch.

to be honest, i dont know if stock will work. But only issue with twrp is by entering using fastboot.
And if you dont need to, only flashing next update... i wouldnt take the change using stock... but hee, thats just me

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your comment and the opinion.
Most probably I will keep waiting for another build of A11 MIUI, and the new TWRP, hoping that the problems will dissappear.
I was just wondering if it would work.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your comment and the opinion.
Most probably I will keep waiting for another build of A11 MIUI, and the new TWRP, hoping that the problems will dissappear.
I was just wondering if it would work.
but if you want latest security then you need latest weekly.
But i also am on latest a10, due to not working vowifi on a11 builds

Did anybody test the Google Pay on A11 rom? I mean is it possible to pass SafetyNet using the same method verified on A10 roms: force to BASIC attestation and keep dg.db with 440 permission?

Sent from my Mi Ultra via Tapatalk