Stop installing APKs without accepting the permissions.

miltoid19

Members
Oct 13, 2018
Hello there.
For so e reason when I'm installing APKs from any source they get instatly installed without showing me the permissions window. How can I make is so that they don't just get instantly accepted?
Thank you in advance.

Never heard of that... How exactly can an APK auto-install itself? Package installer doesn't work that way.

I'll try to explain in the best that I can maybe you could figure it out.
So in comparison from a normal installation, when I download any .apk file and tap it to install it instead of prompting me to the screen where you usually see the permission that the app needs I just get a flash of that screen and then just the progress bar of the installation.
It seems like I have set something to auto accepting all the permissions, but I don't seem to be able to find it. So far I have tried to clear the package installer back to defaults and change the security settings on my phone but nothings seems to change it.
Any suggestion?

(Sorry for the late response but thank you for responding so fast :) )

I think thats how the miui works (Maybe not just miui, probably any higher android version). Since you don't give any main permission until it needs it. For example if it needs storage access it will prompt for it when it needs it.… If it needs extra special permissions like display over other apps you have to manually permit it to do so.

So the package installer in higher android version just skips that. Ok as I am writing it I am feeling more sure that its with higher android version not just miui. Anyway main answer is this as you don't give any main permission that can affect your security by default (unlike older android version where you would give the permission when installing the app) the package installer removed showing permissions that are given to the app(or the permission it may need).

I think thats how the miui works (Maybe not just miui, probably any higher android version). Since you don't give any main permission until it needs it. For example if it needs storage access it will prompt for it when it needs it.… If it needs extra special permissions like display over other apps you have to manually permit it to do so.

So the package installer in higher android version just skips that. Ok as I am writing it I am feeling more sure that its with higher android version not just miui. Anyway main answer is this as you don't give any main permission that can affect your security by default (unlike older android version where you would give the permission when installing the app) the package installer removed showing permissions that are given to the app(or the permission it may need).
No, even if no permissions are required for an app, an installation screen has to be shown to confirm installing/updating of an app.
This isn't normal, all I can suggest is a clean install of the ROM.

Reactions: miltoid19
Ok his 2nd reply kind of confused me. I thought he did saw the installer screen. He didn't get confirmation for install. So ofcource its not normal. My bad.

So what I think now is that it could be a accessibility settings that he activated. Some apps use permission from there to bulk install apps. Or ofcource it could also be a maleware. Anyway try removing some permissions from accessibility under additional settings>accessibility

Reactions: miltoid19
Ok his 2nd reply kind of confused me. I thought he did saw the installer screen. He didn't get confirmation for install. So ofcource its not normal. My bad.

So what I think now is that it could be a accessibility settings that he activated. Some apps use permission from there to bulk install apps. Or ofcource it could also be a maleware. Anyway try removing some permissions from accessibility under additional settings>accessibility

This fixed it.Apparently the APKpure store accepts apk's permissions instantly. Thanks for your help m8s :)