Strange Problem - Looks Like Reboot, But It's Not

Jaime DLH

Members
Aug 31, 2016
Hi all,

On four different times since I have my Mi5 (about eight months now), and on different .eu stable versions, I've experienced a weird behavior on my phone. I take it out of my pocket and unlock it, and when the screen turns on, I see the boot animation (with the Mi logo centered on screen, and the "Powered by Android" and the three moving dots on the bottom) for a while (20 or so seconds), and then I get to the lock screen, where I can unlock the phone normally.

Looks like the phone rebooted itself, but... It did not. When checking the phone's uptime in the status screen (settings > about phone > status) I can see the running uptime not interrupted. Also, when this has happened, I can unlock the phone right away with my fingerprint; after a proper reboot, you *must* enter your PIN once before being able to use the fingerprint.

On two of these four occasions, I also lost permissions for a lot of apps, having to grant them again one by one when the apps requested them. On the other two, no other effects were apparent.

Has anyone experienced this on their Mi5? It's more of an annoyance than anthing else, but would like to know if it's a known issue or not, and if it is, what might be the cause/solution.

Best regards,

I have experienced similar behaviour a couple of times on different versions of xiaomi.eu weekly ROMs.

No clue what causes it.

yap..i have the issue same as you, i used weekly rom and started from 7.4.6 till now 7.4.20 (current)
after restart, if u open recent apps, recently opened apps is still there and no closed.
i dunno it is bug or weird thing happened in random device.

Last edited: