Stuck In Boot...

ene xis

Members
Nov 27, 2016
Yesterday i have tried to flash a new rom over the one bundled with the device and i am now stuck in boot.
I can still access fastboot, but i can t flash or boot into recovery...
Any help would be much appreciated. I am pulling hairs since yesterday!

Yesterday i have tried to flash a new rom over the one bundled with the device and i am now stuck in boot.
I can still access fastboot, but i can t flash or boot into recovery...
Any help would be much appreciated. I am pulling hairs since yesterday!
Did you try to flash xiaomi.eu rom over official rom?

I tried on the update app without success.
I was trying to flash a new recovery when i got stuck...

?? You were trying to flash xiaomi.eu via the updater app on the original bundled (probably fake) rom?? Or are we understanding incorrectly? And how were you trying to flash the recovery?

Please read a hell of a lot before doing anything to your phone if youre not sure what youre doing, and if after reading youre still not sure, just ask. Because flashing xiaomi.eu over the official firmware via updater app is useless, and doing things over fastboot if your devices bootloader is unlocked will get you a brick most probably.

well it s not my first attempt.
I have successfully flashed and unlocked a couple of devices and i own an MI4c myself with the latest dev xiaomi.eu rom which my father liked so much i ordered another xiaomi device as a gift.

Having that said at this point i would really would appreciate any help...

Please start by telling us what is the state of your device. What ROM version does it have, is it unlocked, what where you trying to do, can you access EDL... etc...

At this point if i turn on the device it freezes on the mi logo. I can boot into fastboot. i have tried to flash twrp recovery with no success.
I have tried to flash xiaomi s fastboot oficial developer image through the MIUI ROM Flashing Tool but it return the "missmatching image and device" error...? i am now downloading the stable image.
thank you so much!

.... Did you unlock your devices bootloader?

EDIT: What device are you actually using? 4, 4A or 4 Pro?

Still, what device are you using? 4/4A/4Pro? And can you post screenshot of what ''fastboot oem device-info'' comand outputs?

Redmi 4

Attachments

• fastboot oem device-info.jpg
    fastboot oem device-info.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 242
Thats your problem right there. If you had used the official method for unlocking, you would have ''Device critical unlocked: true''. The method you used (unlock-go) doesnt actually unlock the bootloader completely, as it will later relock and or make your device brick itself. What you have to do now is try to enter EDL, and flash a official fastboot rom over it, this will clear your data and ''relock'' your bootloader. Then after youre on official ROM (China Dev, not stable) apply for unlocking the bootloader and use official Mi Unlock method to unlock it.

ok, and how can i boot to edl?
At start i was trying to officially unlock, i have applyed in the past for the mi4c, but it always halted at 50%, from the false rom i suppose.

Youre supposed to flash via EDL to China Dev to oficially unlock, as unlocking from fake/shop roms cant be done. Use @fast83 's guide in this forum to enter EDL and flash the correct china dev rom

Noooo, use Mi Flash Beta to flash it, follow the guide. Stop using command line until you succesfully unlock fastboot. And remember that when you unlock fastboot you cant flash official roms or you will relock the bootloader and you can only unlock once per month

ok, ok..
the reason i was trying to avoid is my main machine is a mac, and mi flash tool is a pc app...
is this the guide u mentioned before?