New Stuck on Boot logo, even after successfully Flashing official ROM (Note 4x)

picklink

Members
Jan 5, 2019
I have a Redmi Note 4x (Global) SnapDragon, 3GB/32GB, stable ROM . I have never rooted it, or modified anything from the system, just left it untocuched as it came from the factory. I have updated it accordingly whenever the system requested me to do so. I have bought and been using this phone for about 5 months. Right now is has MIUI10 system.

In these 5 months about 4 times it has got stuck at boot with the MI logo and nothing else. After hours, the only way to come back to the system is letting it run out of batteries and start to the system normally. I became less and less successful to reach the system, but when I did I was able to start the unlock process permission. I guess I was lucky as before it would allow to go the system after several tries, but only allowed me once again, and then it get stuck on boot loop with the MI logo permanently.

After 66 hours I successfully finished the unlock process, I restarted to Fastboot mode and was able (with the latest MiFlash) to install the corresponding Official ROM and reported successful. However after restart it keeps on getting stuck at boot logo.

I don't really get how successfully flashing the Official ROM does not bring the cell as its original state.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
You are on official ROM and want to flash xiaomi.eu-ROM?
Then WIPE DATA is necessary or you even need to FORMAT DATA in TWRP, when your device is encrypted.

I am in official ROM, and just wanted to reinstall official ROM to bring the mobile back to life from stuck-boot (logo).

Ah, ok, then I misread it.
Well, at the moment I'm out of ideas, sorry.
Thank you, anyway. Just in case, I have edited my initial post and placed "Official" in front of ROM to make sure it gets understood clearly.

You are on official ROM and want to flash xiaomi.eu-ROM?
Then WIPE DATA is necessary or you even need to FORMAT DATA in TWRP, when your device is encrypted.

Do you know if I can install TWRP from Fastboot mode without doing anything else (I cannot access system, but my phone is unlocked)?

This should work because recovery is another partition.
By the way, did you try flashing the ROM with Miflash a second time? Maybe this works.

This should work because recovery is another partition.
By the way, did you try flashing the ROM with Miflash a second time? Maybe this works.

Yes, three times already. In all of them the flashing process was completed successfully, but then restart did not pass the logo, not matter how long I left it there.

Is there a particular way of installing TWRP when I cannot access the system to change any settings?

Just install via fastboot mode.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

Just install via fastboot mode.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

I am a bit of a newbie in that area, as I have never installed TWRP, as this is my first Xiaomi (and did not need to in my previous cell)...do you happen to have a guide link for my specific situation (not able to access system)?

Thanks in advance!

PS: when I mentioned before "fastboot mode", I meant the one when you restart and press down volume, and then the "fastboot cartoon" is shown. I know this is necessary in the process, but what i have never done is access/apply fastboot commands from Win7 command prompt. I am afraid to brick it doing some ignorant thing, that's why I was wondering if you knew of a specifc tutorial/guide for my issue.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have a guide for your special situation, but a tutorial for installation of TWRP and of Xiaomi.eu-ROM:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-flash-xiaomi-eu-rom-tutorial.40557/
But most times when you can't access system and you are stuck in bootlogo flashing a China official fastboot ROM does the trick. And often wipe data or even format data is also necessary.
I don't get it why it doesn't work with your mido.

Reactions: picklink
Sorry, I don't have a guide for your special situation, but a tutorial for installation of TWRP and of Xiaomi.eu-ROM:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-flash-xiaomi-eu-rom-tutorial.40557/
But most times when you can't access system and you are stuck in bootlogo flashing a China official fastboot ROM does the trick. And often wipe data or even format data is also necessary.
I don't get it why it doesn't work with your mido.

Thanks. Yeah, it's weird, just my luck that it had to happen to me on my first Xiaomi. I also wiped data from the restart menu (up volume) previous to the flash install, but nothing.
I'll try the TWRP route, and hopefully do not leave it worse than already is :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Let's see if it works, as one step of that process in your guide link (Developer options & USB Debugging Enabled) cannot be applied as I cannot get into the system (my problem to start with). It was enabled like that before, but since I flashed it with the new ROM, I suspect it probably has been reset to default, so maybe no developer/USB options set. Will try anyway, i guess.