Stuck On Bootloop, No Debug Usb

gdsar

Members
Jan 28, 2017
Hi everybody,

I received a Xiaomi Mi5 from GearBest and found out it had been flashed with a custom ROM.
I read that sometimes MiPCSuite can update the ROM properly, and decided to give it a try. As soon as I connected the phone to my laptop, MiPCSuite found an update (last China stable), downloaded and installed it.
Now I'm on bootloop, and don't really know how to fix it.
Since MiPCSuite did a reset, USB debug is OFF.
I have access to fastboot and recovery mode, but bootloader is locked.
I'm waiting for the unlock code, but I read that to unlock it I should login with my Mi Account into the phone and activate USB debug: I can't do either, of course, since I cannot boot.

I... don't know where to start from, honestly.
Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Thank you, but my bootloader is locked. I tried MiFlash anyway, but it gives me a generic error.

That's the only thing I haven't tried yet.
One big problem is: the phone doesn't have USB debugging on. The guide says it should be active. I hope it works anyway.

Thanks

Sorry for double posting. It's just that I'm quite puzzled. After hours of bootlooping I turned the phone off and attached it to the charger. When it reached 100% I tried to turn it on while still in charge. After seconds, it had booted and was ready with a perfect working China stable.
So... thank you anyway and sorry for wasting your (and especially mine!) time :)

Reactions: iamme729