[Suggestion] Let user decide if enable or not FAST CHARGE

MiNoob

Members
Jan 16, 2017
Could be possible to let user choose if use or not fast charge like in the samsung phones?

If you dont want to fast charge your phone, just use a 2000mAh charger instead the 3000mAh one that came with the phone.

Reactions: saijd
If you dont want to fast charge your phone, just use a 2000mAh charger instead the 3000mAh one that came with the phone.
Yes i know but it is a workaround, for example my Powerbank and my car charger are both QC3.0 so i must fast charge it even if i don't need to do that

You want us to reconstruct the whole charging machanism for each phone? Nope, not something that can be done. It's deeply integrated. Ask for this in the official MIUI forum.

Reactions: MiNoob
Yes i know but it is a workaround, for example my Powerbank and my car charger are both QC3.0 so i must fast charge it even if i don't need to do that
Than buy for car not qc charger. Where You have any problem?

You want us to reconstruct the whole charging machanism for each phone? Nope, not something that can be done. It's deeply integrated. Ask for this in the official MIUI forum.

Thanks i don’t know how much work it needs so I asked ;)

Just out of curiosity, why would anyone switch off fast charging? It's the one best feature of modern phones, in my eyes.

The quick charge technology is a proven feature, and it is a must have for most modern day phones. How I wished my previous RN4x had this feature knowing that the soc in it is a Snapdragon and it had the capabilities of doing so but Xiaomi chose the other way.

So why on earth would someone like you want to be able to choose having to choose the option of not having it?I simply can't comprehend.

Are you trolling?

Fast charging damages battery more compared to slow charging, if you leave your device to charge over night speed does not matter.

Fast charging damages battery more compared to slow charging

Can you provide hard evidence for this claim? I don't think quick charging is really harmful for the battery if you use a QC3 charger of good quality, but if you want to protect your phone from this anyway, just use a "normal" slow USB charger.

I rather have a fast/quick charge than to save up on the lifespan of a battery. How much is a battery nowadays? Your usual average typical iPhone battery lifespan is most to most around 2-3 years, given if you were to use it properly, perhaps it would even last you up to 5 years.

But most devices battery nowadays only last up to 3 years by average. How much would a 4000 mAh battery cost you, in my country, to get a 3rd party Xiaomi battery is like 80bucks~100bucks.

Why not? I for one definitely wouldn't want to trade away quick charge 3.0 over lifespan. to hell with it. I had enough of charging from 0% to 100% under 3hours.

With pocophone QC 3.0, all I need is an hour charge from 20% to 100% within an hour or more. and I can use it for up to 5-6 hours.

I find no reason in your argument seriously.

Well as for i see there, he want to disable QC for long periods of time eg. over the night. This can make sense but its not soft based. You have to get yourself slow charger near the bed and charging with it overnight.

I agree with MiNoob it would be nice to be able to choose from interface whether to use QC or slow charge to preserve battery life.

One trial you can do is about cable:
i think QC needs some communication over USB data between charger and phone, therefore if you use a charge-only USB cable (no data)
this communication cannot work and QC shouldn't be enabled

That is true, but I don’t recommend to use cheap cables, better to use a non QC charger

I don't know either why everybody wants to use the "great" Quick Charge feature especially when nowadays all phone manufacturers follow Apple's horrible and customer-hostile concept of integrated batteries. As long as there is no evidence that QC does not harm the battery, I suppose the higher charge current and therefore temperatures are not beneficial for the lifespan. So why would I want to use it if it only has disadvantages and no benefit at all?

At the moment I charge my santoni's battery like this:
  • Plug in charger in the evening with charging disabled (echo "0" > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/battery_charging_enabled).
  • Tasker enables charging when the calculated time (needed to complete charging until the next morning) is reached (echo "1" (...)). Charging with only 500 mA, so no warming at all.
  • At 80 % Tasker disables charging again.
Works like a charm. Of course it needs root, but for me an Android phone without root is not usable anyway.

Reactions: El Porcharo
I don't know either why everybody wants to use the "great" Quick Charge feature especially when nowadays all phone manufacturers follow Apple's horrible and customer-hostile concept of integrated batteries.
So why would I want to use it if it only has disadvantages and no benefit at all?

At the moment I charge my santoni's battery like this:

Works like a charm. Of course it needs root, but for me an Android phone without root is not usable anyway.

Actually I think sometimes QC is useful, that is whenever you need to quickly add some charge before going out again,
but >90% of times charge overnight should be as slow as possible.

I like very much modded charge described by jdr_85, could you provide more informations like:

- to limit charge current to 500mA you just use a charger with such output right ?
- I have Mi8 running latest xiaomi.eu ROM but not rooted because I've read magisk could cause some problems... did you experience any problem after root ?
- in case you wanted on some occasion to return to complete and quick charge, how to temporary disable your mod ?

BTW I think it would be very nice for XIAOMI.EU to embed some kind of battery charge control into standard features,
something even basic users could use easily.

- to limit charge current to 500mA you just use a charger with such output right ?

No, it is charger-independent. I can limit the maximum charge current by writing the value (I think it is in µA) to /sys/class/power_supply/battery/constant_charge_current_max.

- I have Mi8 running latest xiaomi.eu ROM but not rooted because I've read magisk could cause some problems... did you experience any problem after root ?

Never had a problem with Magisk at all, but of course make sure you have a backup and some time. I just have to disable the Magisk Xposed Module for my sh1tty pushTAN app, but this has nothing to do with Magisk itself.

- in case you wanted on some occasion to return to complete and quick charge, how to temporary disable your mod ?

Basically you just have to
  • disable the Tasker Task which stops charging at 80 %
  • reset the constant_charge_current_max
  • set battery_charging_enabled to 1
The two latter ones happen after a reboot anyway.

I created a Tasker scene for all things I need regularly (see screenshot)
Screenshot_2018-12-17-07-51-08-461_net.dinglisch.android.taskerm.png

Please keep in mind: This is what I do for my santoni. It worked on Resurrection Remix and MIUI 9 Global and now it also works on MIUI 10 EU. It might or might not work on your phone.

Reactions: StefanoA
[QUOTE = "MiNoob, post: 459272, membre: 169038"] Merci, je ne iTunes sais pas combien de travail il faut, alors j'ai demandé ;)[/ QUOTE]
Oui, je sais, mais c’est une solution de contournement. Par exemple, mon Powerbank et mon chargeur de voiture sont tous les deux compatibles QC3.0. Je dois donc le charger rapidemeMobdront même si je n’ai pas besoin de le faire. TutuApp

Last edited: