New [suggestion] Use Default Miui Icons

Leo Knight

Members
Dec 15, 2017
@ingbrzy
No offense, but I don't like your custom icons. It's better to stick by default icons and let users change their app icons themselves. It's hard to identify apps because of those icons, not to mention the background icon color being black instead of white. With the black background icons look ugly!

We all have unlocked bootloaders. Just upload the custom icons separately and let users flash it in recovery mode themselves.

Last edited:
I stumbled across something that might do the trick for you.

http: // t-ryder . de/mia-ex-remover/

It's a flashable .zip that essentially installs the icons seen in the official builds into any MIUI-based custom ROM. It's labeled as a remover of sorts because it was originally intended to be used to uninstall a custom icon pack made by the same developer, but it can definitely be used on its own as well.

It might not be an ideal solution, but I'm sure it's far less tricky than having to manually mess with the files with each update and whatnot. Just flash the .zip and you'll be good to go ☺️

Edit: I had to write the link with spaces since I'm technically not allowed to post links yet lol