Super Novice Here... Need Help Rooting

Mikowe

Members
Nov 9, 2016
im done unlocking the fast boot but i dont know how to install the twrp recovery in fastboot mode. please explain it in step by step..thank you

I am using a mi5s btw and ive downloaded all necessary twrp and rom files , all im confused about is how to install them

Last edited:
Before proceeding, you should have unlocked bootloader and installed the ADB drivers properly on your PC.

1. Enter in Fastboot mode (power + volume down) and connects the terminal to the PC..

2. In adb folder, hold down the shift key and right-click on empty space of the folder, and from the context menu, select Open command window here. The prompt takes the path of the folder from where it is opened.

3. Verify that the drivers are properly installed and that your phone is recognized by writing "fastboot devices" and press Enter. If it returns an alphanumeric string with "fastboot" written, you can continue.

4. Now type "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" and press Enter. Wait for the process to complete and you will have installed the TWRP.

5. Now start the phone in TWRP. Then type in the command line "fastboot boot twrp.img" and press Enter. The phone will reboot into TWRP recovery. At first start of the recovery must select Do not ask again and give the Swipe right to allow the recovery to write on the phone.

6. Now install the ROM: Copy the .zip file of the ROM xiaomi.eu in the internal memory of the phone (you can do from a PC) and click on INSTALL. Select the .zip file of the ROM and confirm the installation by a swipe to the right.
Personally I suggest you do a WIPE before and after installation.

7. Wait for the completion and reboot, and you'll have the ROM xiaomi.eu and TWRP installed on the terminal.

Reactions: Badrsj and iamme729
Before proceeding, you should have unlocked bootloader and installed the ADB drivers properly on your PC.

1. Enter in Fastboot mode (power + volume down) and connects the terminal to the PC..

2. In adb folder, hold down the shift key and right-click on empty space of the folder, and from the context menu, select Open command window here. The prompt takes the path of the folder from where it is opened.

3. Verify that the drivers are properly installed and that your phone is recognized by writing "fastboot devices" and press Enter. If it returns an alphanumeric string with "fastboot" written, you can continue.

4. Now type "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" and press Enter. Wait for the process to complete and you will have installed the TWRP.

5. Now start the phone in TWRP. Then type in the command line "fastboot boot twrp.img" and press Enter. The phone will reboot into TWRP recovery. At first start of the recovery must select Do not ask again and give the Swipe right to allow the recovery to write on the phone.

6. Now install the ROM: Copy the .zip file of the ROM xiaomi.eu in the internal memory of the phone (you can do from a PC) and click on INSTALL. Select the .zip file of the ROM and confirm the installation by a swipe to the right.
Personally I suggest you do a WIPE before and after installation.

7. Wait for the completion and reboot, and you'll have the ROM xiaomi.eu and TWRP installed on the terminal.

Oh thankgoodness for you sir!!Iv been having the hardest time..finally i can use my fone after this :)