Switch from stable to weekly version

RongStad

Members
Mar 13, 2019
Hello, friends! I use Mi 8 SE on a stable version of MIUI.EU, but I want to switch to the weekly version. My question is: Can I do this without deleting any files from the phone and not doing wipe and system demolition?

Hello, friends! I use Mi 8 SE on a stable version of MIUI.EU, but I want to switch to the weekly version. My question is: Can I do this without deleting any files from the phone and not doing wipe and system demolition?
You can try and report, but a full wipe has always been requested to avoid applications issue.

I ask this because I do not want to check. But if no one did, apparently I will be the first.

Отправлено с моего MI 8 SE через Tapatalk

Yes you can without losing any data...if you go the other way, Weekly to Stable you must format data....Of course you can always wipe Dalvik and Cache...
Thanks for the answer, tomorrow I will install the firmware

Отправлено с MI 8 SE через Tapatalk

Thanks for the answer, tomorrow I will install the firmware

You should always make a backup of everything important to you (photos, personal files, etc,) and keep a copy off the phone somewhere.

Apps and settings, etc., can always be redone, worst case, just a lot of work.

As Xiaomi likes to say, "Always expect something wonderful is about to happen."
:emoji_scream:

Reactions: LOLO9393
You should always make a backup of everything important to you (photos, personal files, etc,) and keep a copy off the phone somewhere.

Apps and settings, etc., can always be redone, worst case, just a lot of work.

As Xiaomi likes to say, "Always expect something wonderful is about to happen."
:emoji_scream:
I fully agree with you and constantly make backup before any manipulations

Good day! I answer exactly my own question! You can update firmware from stable to weekly without doing any wipes or removing anything from the device! Tested on Mi 8 SE and MIUI.EU firmware.

Good day! I answer exactly my own question! You can update firmware from stable to weekly without doing any wipes or removing anything from the device! Tested on Mi 8 SE and MIUI.EU firmware.

Thanks for testing it. Not sure all your user application will fit with a different system base. Anyway, not a big risk you just have to clean caches or reinstall them.
I don't use any stable rom, but I've done many dirty move with custom MIUI rom for tests purpose and that was almost succesful but were also some misses. It depends how the rom built is designed.

Thanks for testing it. Not sure all your user application will fit with a different system base. Anyway, not a big risk you just have to clean caches or reinstall them.
I don't use any stable rom, but I've done many dirty move with custom MIUI rom for tests purpose and that was almost succesful but were also some misses. It depends how the rom built is designed.
If any errors occur during use, I will report it.

Reactions: pablofsh