The Dreaded X On Mobile Signal.

Koehnia

Members
Aug 19, 2016
Hi everyone.

Yesterday I've been facing the issue of the dreaded x logo on the cellular data signal.

This issue has been posted in reddit for nexus 6p, but somehow it happened to me. On xiaomi mi5.

There's no clear indication on what I did to get the problem. I just woke up yesterday and the problem started.

I've googled every possible solution. And tried then all. Turning WiFi/data on/off, change APN setting, reset network setting, swap simcard slot, roaming setting, airplane mode, everything just won't work. I've even swapped between ROMS.

I've even called the customer service and he insisted that x means the cellular data is off. Maybe he confused the big X and the small x. And I assure you guys it's not that cellular data is turned off.

I've installed the new cyanogenmod 14.1. Fwiw. Is not a ROM issue since I've installed 3 ROMs and still can't get it to work.

The 3 ROMs installed are as follows.
1. Miui 8 android marshmallow.
2. Miui 8 android nougat 7.0.
3. Cyanogenmod 14.1.

In miui, there's no such logo. But the data connection won't establish, even though the lte signal is detected. Seems like miui 8 is hiding this icon.

So I believe this is a phone issue.

Anyone have the same problem as me?

I hereby attached a print screen of the dreaded x logo. Hoping Dev or anyone would help. As of now, there's no available solution across the internet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170208-040806.png
    Screenshot_20170208-040806.png
    296 KB · Views: 229