New The fingerprint does not work in banking apps

Nestors

Members
Sep 21, 2019
It does not let me configure the fingerprint in some banking apps, only ghost touches

I use this rom xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.23.1.30.DEV_v14-13

It does not let me configure the fingerprint in some banking apps, only ghost touches

I use this rom xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.23.1.30.DEV_v14-13
For me, my 2 banking apps also returning error when i tried to enable fingerprint login function. This is happen to me on MIUI 13.0.4.0.KCEUXM

Reactions: humr135
I'll bump this thread.

I've had this issue on my 11 Ultra and 13 Ultra on the Stable release and many weekly releases.

Working Credit Card Apps
HSBC
M&S
Tesco Bank
Amex UK
Virgin Money

Not Working
Lloyds Bank
Halifax
MBNA

The app opens and for a split second you see the fingerprint screen but its like its tried to use it but failed, i can see Try Again in red text but the screen changes and then asks to login with Password/Passcode

I have turned off fingerprint login and turned it bank on which didnt fix it, I have removed all fingerprints, turned phone off and on then added 1 fingerprint, opened the app and enabled the fingerprint login then closed the app and tried it again which also didnt fix it

I'll bump this thread.

I've had this issue on my 11 Ultra and 13 Ultra on the Stable release and many weekly releases.

Working Credit Card Apps
HSBC
M&S
Tesco Bank
Amex UK
Virgin Money

Not Working
Lloyds Bank
Halifax
MBNA

The app opens and for a split second you see the fingerprint screen but its like its tried to use it but failed, i can see Try Again in red text but the screen changes and then asks to login with Password/Passcode

I have turned off fingerprint login and turned it bank on which didnt fix it, I have removed all fingerprints, turned phone off and on then added 1 fingerprint, opened the app and enabled the fingerprint login then closed the app and tried it again which also didnt fix it
Yep same result here too

winbank greece does not enable fingerprint on EU rom (star, latest stable eu rom)

Last edited:
Another report for Halifax. I actually haven't been able to use a fingerprint login with Halifax for the longest time on my Poco F3.
It allows me to enable/disable it, and the fingerprint login screen comes up when I run the app. But when I touch the sensor it seems to deny it saying "try again" but instantly switches to 'memorable information' login. It only requires 3 characters, so it isn't a big deal.

I am on xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V14.0.8.0.TKHCNXM_v14-13 (20th Nov upload), but it's been the same on previous releases too. I've only ever used stable.

Last edited:
same here Halifax has never worked with fingerprint, Mi 11 with stable xiaomi.eu rom , not the biggest deal as all the rest seem to work fine

Reactions: Pafter
same here Halifax has never worked with fingerprint, Mi 11 with stable xiaomi.eu rom , not the biggest deal as all the rest seem to work fine
What did you do to get Halifax working? The official magisk tutorial didn't work with Halifax for me. I did get it working on the latest stable build, but that lasted only a day or so.

A post I made on Reddit:

I had the same issue last year and it took me ages to solve it. I updated my Poco F3 xiaomi.eu MIUI 14 ROM which this time requires flashing Magisk again. Their guide worked, just not for Halifax. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/how-to-flash-magisk-and-play-integrity-fix-on-xiaomi-eu.70553/

I don't know the exact setup required and I don't want to mess with it now either, but what is currently working for me:

Magisk Delta 26.1 (26100), Play Intergrity Fix v13.3, Skamiko, v0.74 (188). (They're all the latest versions as of this post, but I listed them anyway.)

'Zygisk' enabled, 'MagiskHide' enabled, and in 'Configure MagiskHide' I have Halifax, Google Play services, Google Play Services for AR and Google Play Store checked (with all the toggles inside each on.)

My fingerprint Halifax login doesn't work, but it didn't previously either.

Like I said, my setup was different the last time I did it almost exactly a year ago. There's no way I can remember it. I do recall some specific toggles in 'Google Play Store' deny list, etc. From my downloads, I can see I was using Magisk Delta, Saftynet Fix, Magisk Hide Pros Conf, and Shamiko.
That stopped working within a day or so...

Last edited:
What did you do to get Halifax working? The official magisk tutorial didn't work with Halifax for me. I did get it working on the latest stable build, but that lasted only a day or so.

A post I made on Reddit:

oh I meant before this recent thing happened halifax app worked but not with fingerprint, Yeah I've just tried it with latest fix and the halifax app doesnt work at all now something about security of device also put it on the deny list, not tested google pay yet

Reactions: Pafter
I have the Mi11 but with the recent activity its kinda put me off doing the same again going with Xiaomi CN version :( As I was looking to upgrade will wait bit and see

Thanks for the replies.
A possible issue for developers is--
Halifax doesn't give you rooted errors until after you attempt to login with a legit account:

"you've been signed out"
"9300100: Sorry, you can't use this app as we've detected they your device has been jailbroken/rooted. You can still use our mobile site."
So unless you have an account you can't really check.

Maybe look around XDA. I did have a mess around trying to get it working with the stuff that the guy on Reddit listed, but my phone wouldn't boot for whatever reason. I had to install the latest ROM release through TWRP (no data loss.) I gave up after 3 attempts. I see someone else mentioned that too: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-bypa...-root-detection.3837206/page-42#post-89169704

If I solve it I'll reply. But I almost just want to install stock. It wastes a lot of time. I was also forced to change my password and memorable info, likely because of the amount of login attempts.

Last edited: