The New Twrp Recovery 3.1.0-0 For Mi4c

A new 3.1.0 version has an old touch screen bug.
It boots into screen locked mode. And it takes a couple of minutes to until you can unlock it.

I havn't updated ROM yet. I'm just making my preparations.

o.k. thanks,

It seems that updating to Nougat from Lollipop is not the same as the routine updates of stables on Android 5.1

- Probably you have to delete everything (wipe data) Not confirmed yet...
- You have to temporary disable the login pattern
- You have to install new TWRP (compatible with N)
- and finally the bootloader will lock (hopefully after the update)

I don't know if that's all and I am not sure if they are correct!

There really is a lot of confusion here! The TWRP recovery team (there on the site) released a few weeks ago version 3.1.0 for MI4C ... At that time I installed this version on my mobile phone. Here on the site of xiaomi.eu I see twrp libra 7.0 .... I do not know if both are the same or if they are different things! I also do not understand why moving from a stable version to a stable version requires so many steps and so much complication! All this was avoided if the updates were via OTA.

Last edited:
This weekend when installing 7.0 on my mi4c I made tests regarding recovery twrp and I could verify that recovery 3.0.3 is fixed on the mobile phone but 3.1.0 disappears and we are without recovery

Masterpiece This recovery 3.1.0 "2" is fixed or disappears as well as the version 3.1.0 provided by the "twrp" team?

Hi, lots of versions are being thrown around here.

I'm on the previous version of Miui (stable). Which TWRP works for me? I want to upgrade to Android 7.

Mi4C: May 10, moved to Nugat(weekly 7.5.4; TWRP 3.0.2-0 ) from A5.1.1, put got unlocked.

CHECKED UNLOCK STATUS
=======================

~$:
~$:
~$: sudo fastboot devices
e3dca70c fastboot
~$: sudo fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader) Device tampered: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.055s]
finished. total time: 0.055s

~$:

=======================

Today I want to put new N 7.5.11 under the hood. However, I could not enter into recovery mode... Volume+ and Power ----> MI logo started. Then after 10-15 sec phone going OFF. Next start-up is normal.

SYSTEM boot/reboot ----> OK
FASTBOOT ----> OK
check unlock status
EXACTLY SAME AS one week before.

~$: sudo fastboot devices
e3dca70c fastboot
~$: sudo fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader) Device tampered: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [ 0.053s]
finished. total time: 0.053s
~$:

Could somebody share some thoughts about this bullshit...

Thank you in advance

Hi guys, but to update the ROM of our mi4c, do you need to update twrp? If so how is it done and is it reliable?

Thank you, I found it in the forum for sure, warning me first with some attention would not have been bad, however unlocking (already done before) I will have to always do the transcript from xiaomi.com or having the miflash programs I can overlook? Thanks again