The Rom For 4a For Ch Or Global ?

wiiguy

Members
Dec 29, 2016
hello,

i recently bought the xiaomi redmi 4a but it does not contain the language i require(dutch)

so i was wondering if the rom(either weekly or stable) on this forum would work on the global 4a or just the chinese one

There is only one Redmi 4A = HM4A, this is yours. You can read all in first post of every weekly thread.

so the only diffrence between the chinese 4a one and the global 4a are some
frequency ?

but why are there diffrent roms for the global and chinese on miui then ?
h ttp://en.miui.com/download-319.html

You didn't read the post I recommended you, didn't you? Or the pinned thread at the beginning of Q&A?
I give up.

actually it is you who might not understand my question(might be my fault for explaining badly)
i have read the weekly rom topic and the pinned Q&A

now where does it say that the redmi 4a(global device) and the redmi(chineese device) are the same or different, i am not talking about the rom

or is the diffrence between the 2 redmi 4a devices just the rom(and some freqencies) ?(talking about locked devices)

@wiiguy: Ah yes, big misunderstanding, my fault, I'm sorry.
The Global version of the DEVICE is not the same as the Chinese one, because the Global one supports Band 20, the Chinese one doesn't.
The diffrence is not the ROM, but it's hardware related. Band 20 cannot be activated by a software/ROM. Please take a look at this fine explanation: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/redmi-4a-global-b20-version.38281/#post-361784 (thread opened by a dutch, too ;))
So, to come back to your opening post: this ROM here will work with both of the versions, the Chinese and the Global device.

Last edited: