Resolved Theme icon bug on several apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeCorDs

Members
Apr 23, 2019
hi,

there is a bug that some app icons are not changing on taskmanager. on homescreen it works.

heres an example: facebook and whatsapp

i tested many other themes. also official ones from MIUI Designer Team. all the same issue.

Edit: im on weekly 9.4.18, Mi 9

Last edited:
okay, this is definely a bug on the mi 9 rom. first, i thougt it is an issue by myself. today i wiped all my data, did a factory reset and installed the latest 9.4.25 rom. even on the classic and default themes, the icons of whatsapp and facebook are different in the taskmanager!

Apparently, not a bug, but rather this is how Android works.
The icons in Recents panel are not app/activity icons, they are "badged task icons" assigned by the app itself. So if you're seeing an icon you don't expect to see, blame the app.
Other than that, I've implemented a workaround that would force app icons to show activity icons instead of task icons. Hopefully there won't be any side-effects...

The icons in Recents panel are not app/activity icons, they are "badged task icons" assigned by the app itself. So if you're seeing an icon you don't expect to see, blame the app.
Other than that, I've implemented a workaround that would force app icons to show activity icons instead of task icons. Hopefully there won't be any side-effects...
Hi Igor Eisberg,

Thank you very much! Just installed the latest 9.4.26 and it works perfect!

Amazing work and so fast!! Cant believe it.

Best regards from germany,
ReeCorDs

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Hi! Can you please share how you did this workaround? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.