'Third Party' Assistant App gesture

ChillDuder

Members
May 14, 2023
Hello,

i know thats it not a xiaomi.eu connected topic is, but i dont where to ask, because here are most likely the best modding pro dudes regarding miui.

if i set another app as assistant app as standard google-assistant in default apps, with gesture navigation, the right-botton-corner swipe up gesture simple dont work anymore. just ignoring the gesture and taking it as buttom-up gesture. with google assistant set as assistant app, google assistant pop-up properly.

i used automagic (something like tasker) to map the assistant gesture to turn off the screen many years now (on aosp/oneplus phones/roms). thats why i'm want to set another app for that.

regardless, of what 'third-party' assistant you use and set in default apps - nothing works for the gesture - except google assistant.
on stock, and now after unlock-timer on my xiaomi13, now even with root, also on xiaomi.eu not. i was hoping thats that only is a bug in miui.. and it will be fixed with the more recent china miui of xiaomi.eu..

the funny thing is: if you switch to navigation-bar control, long tap on home trigger the assist action on the set assist app :emoji_yum:

does anybody have a clue to fix this? i'm rooted and modded many stuff (even build magisk modules for myself), so i can do misc things if you now something.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
So it seems there no known fix/hack for stock gestures to fix this.

But with Customiuizer you can override many system gestures, including Assist-Gesture/Corner-up gesture.
Root is of course needed for this.