[tip Mi 5s] Fingerprint Configuration [repost From Xiaomi Forum]

acosta92

Members
May 23, 2016
Hey guys,

I've posted this in Xiaomi forum and I want to share with you too:

Hi everyone!

Since the launch of this smartphone that I ear a lot of critics about the Fingerprint Sensor.

I've Mi 5S for almost two weeks and after 3 days I think that I've solved the mistery around the sensor.

There's 2 tips that I can give to you guys (after I configured this way, the sensor worked more than 90% of the times):
- Do just a little pression until it vibrates (Recording fingerprints with a lot of pressure can cause fingerprint distortion)
- Place your finger in the horizontal (Very important, here's a pic that I've done with my low paint skills xD:
190808lnra3r8fandvn6vq.jpg.thumb.jpg
)

Hope that this tips works with everyone and remember... keep your ROM updated!

Best Regards,
ACosta92

I've registered my right thumb just like described in the picture (top on left), but I was holding the device with the remaining part of my hand.
Today, while stopped in my car I extracted my Mi5S and I put it on my leg with the sensor on the right side.
Then I put my thumb over the sensor, so the sensor was rotated by 180° compared to when I registered.
I was thinking "that will never work", instead with my great surprise, it unlocked instantly.

I have registered both my thumb, so I can unlock it with the same hand I'm using to hold it, and my right forefinger to unlock it while I'm operating it with both hands, and it always works flawlessly.
The first suggestion is correct.
I'd add that IMHO is really important to cover the whole sensor with the finger.
Also try repeating some times the process to register and unlock, you should learn from the feedback you are receiving while putting the finger in different positions the correct way, until you get a good result.