Touch Screen Sensitivity

Jul 1, 2014
Hello
I have just received my Mi5 Pro today and after the automatic update it is at Android 6.0.1 Miui 8 Global 6.8.11 Beta
The problem is that my touch screen is way too sensitive and when I am trying to scroll it is opening things.
Trying to scroll the settings menu is almost impossible. Writing a sms is almost impossible.
I tried to find some setting for this but found nothing.
Please give me some advice.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Jun 17, 2016
Hello
I have just received my Mi5 Pro today and after the automatic update it is at Android 6.0.1 Miui 8 Global 6.8.11 Beta
The problem is that my touch screen is way too sensitive and when I am trying to scroll it is opening things.
Trying to scroll the settings menu is almost impossible. Writing a sms is almost impossible.
I tried to find some setting for this but found nothing.
Please give me some advice.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Go to Device Info, tap 5 times on Kernel Version, diagnostic tool will start. Try running touchscreen test.

- sent from my Mi5

Jul 1, 2014
Go to Device Info, tap 5 times on Kernel Version, diagnostic tool will start. Try running touchscreen test.

- sent from my Mi5
lol , I tried that before but I activated it using *#*# etc. and it only listed 10 tests.
Anyway this time I could run the test but it is only the screen that you see the contact movement.
Nevertheless since I did a reboot it seems OK. If the problem comes back I will post here again.
Thank you for the advice :)

May 21, 2014
any news about that touch sensitivity issue? I switch to cyanogenmod cause this annoying sensitivity: troubles to swype right or left the notifications.. etc.

Mar 18, 2017
Hi there,

Just confirmed that Xiaomi Mi5s has this issue, the touch screen is non reliable with excessive sensitivity, when I try to swype notifications left or right, try to select certain item in a menu, it always goes wrong.

May 3, 2018
HOW TO ADJUST TOUCH SCREEN SENSITIVITY :
  • Tap "Settings" or "... Additional settings" (all depending of your Android version)
  • Tap "Language and Input."
  • Scroll to the very bottom of these settings and tap "Pointer speed".
  • Default speed should be %50. Increase the slider to make the touch screen more sensitive and easier to tap. Decrease the slider to make your touch screen less sensitive and more difficult to tap.
  • Click on OK and then experiment with the results.
Works on XIAOMI REDMI 4 PRO/PRIME 3GB 32GB, octacore 2Ghz, MIUI GLOBAL 9.5.3.2 MBEMIFA, Android 6.0.1 MMB29M

The sliding/swiping issue is gone since Nougat (Thanks to andrei80).

Hope this will help.

Last edited: