Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

zedascouves

Members
Dec 4, 2016
Hello,
I've upgraded my wife's Redmi2 wt86047 to the latest dev rom, but it's having some issues:
  • Whenever a call is on, it seems the screen is not working well, because it's pushing buttons even when it's off. She's able to mute, send and write notes, just by touching her face! Any idea how to fix this? I'm even willing to tweak any file if it helps. I had no issues when using Miui 7.
  • While trying to fix this, I tried flashing the stable rom, but I lost the baseband. I compared them in the zip files (stable and dev), and they seem the same, so I can't figure why the stable one isn't working. Any idea?
Thanks!

Update...

It seems the problem is slightly different. Instead, the screen is not turning itself off while on a call, so that's why the touch screen is accepting inputs. So... again... any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi!

You can try the sensor itself using the engineer mode by dialing *#*#64663#*#* Then go to "Single Item Test" and "Proximity Sensor". It could give you some hints about what the problem is.

Thank you for the reply. I've tested it with an app, and it seems to be working fine. The only issue is just during the call.

Have you tried installing another "phone" app? There might be a bug in yours. At least you could is it for calling until resolved.

Indeed, I haven't tried that workaround. I'm going to install the latest update and if it's not fixed, I'll try that. Thanks!

Meanwhile, I've debugged the issue a bit.

It seems the problem really is with the proximity sensor. Steps to reproduce:
  1. make/receive call
  2. put phone to ear -> screen turns off
  3. take phone away from ear -> screen turns on
  4. put phone to ear again -> screen stays on and never turns off.
So there you go... this is probably an issue with the rom, so the next step is to open a bug...