Jun 1, 2017
So, i was using Chinese Stable on my Mi 8 SE...
I flashed twrp 3.2.3 1217 and with that i flashed xiaomi.eu beta 8.12.27..
Then i flashed twrp 3.2.3 1227 and tried to launch it using command, but the twrp doesn't launch.. It restarts the phone instead..
Tried using "Reboot to recovery" & "choose update package" but they can't launch twrp either..
What do i do now??
I am stuck in 8.12.27!

So, i was using Chinese Stable on my Mi 8 SE...
I flashed twrp 3.2.3 1217 and with that i flashed xiaomi.eu beta 8.12.27..
Then i flashed twrp 3.2.3 1227 and tried to launch it using command, but the twrp doesn't launch.. It restarts the phone instead..
Tried using "Reboot to recovery" & "choose update package" but they can't launch twrp either..
What do i do now??
I am stuck in 8.12.27!
You did it well, but you booted into 8.12.27 rom. You must change twrp to 1227 version BEFORE booting into the rom.
NOW if you are unable to flash any TWRP you just have to go official fastboot rom via miflash and restart the process again.
TWRP 1102 or 1217
rom eu 9.2.15 NO BOOT and flash TWRP 1227.
link for fastboot rom: '(use dev version)
https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-official-miui-roms-for-xiaomi-mi-8-se/
EDIT: With latest 9.2.15 pie version twrp 1227 should be flashed directly after rom install.

Last edited:
You did it well, but you booted into 8.12.27 rom. You must change twrp to 1227 version BEFORE booting into the rom.
NOW if you are unable to flash any TWRP you just have to go official fastboot rom via miflash and restart the process again.
TWRP 1102 or 1217
rom eu 9.2.15 NO BOOT and flash TWRP 1227.
link for fastboot rom: '(use dev version)
https://xiaomifirmware.com/roms/download-official-miui-roms-for-xiaomi-mi-8-se/

the problem is solved now.. Actually booting wasn't the issue.. The 1227 twrp i flashed was the issue.. i downloaded another 1227 (first one was 25 mb while this one was 65) & it worked successfully... :)

I unlocked bootloader on chinese stable 10.2.2.0 tried to boot on every twrp version I can find on the web. No luck with installing ANY twrp. Can someone suggest something? thanks

I unlocked bootloader on chinese stable 10.2.2.0 tried to boot on every twrp version I can find on the web. No luck with installing ANY twrp. Can someone suggest something? thanks
On china stable 10.2.2 you must flash TWRP 1102 or 1217 first before moving to eu dev rom and 1227 twrp.
(If you stay with stable no change!)
TWRP: You have to install it (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img) not only boot into directly that could not work well.
- Sure you have MI8 SE???

On china stable 10.2.2 you must flash TWRP 1102 or 1217 first before moving to eu dev rom and 1227 twrp.
(If you stay with stable no change!)
TWRP: You have to install it (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img) not only boot into directly that could not work well.
- Sure you have MI8 SE???
For sure is MI8SE Sirius, so where did I go so far - MI Flash china dev 9.2.15 - fastboot flash recovery twrp.img - entered twrp 1227 Format Data, reboot to recovery, install eu dev 9.3.1 reboot to system - and it goes in Fastboot. What is the catch???

For sure is MI8SE Sirius, so where did I go so far - MI Flash china dev 9.2.15 - fastboot flash recovery twrp.img - entered twrp 1227 Format Data, reboot to recovery, install eu dev 9.3.1 reboot to system - and it goes in Fastboot. What is the catch???
Catch?
you format data in recovery why do you reboot to recovery? not needed. (format sure not wipe?)
Question: you only return to fastboot? not to twrp?
I had this issue last week and was forced to reflash with miflash. I get out from this by changing twrp to the one you downloaded. strange issue!

Catch?
you format data in recovery why do you reboot to recovery? not needed. (format sure not wipe?)
Question: you only return to fastboot? not to twrp?
I had this issue last week and was forced to reflash with miflash. I get out from this by changing twrp to the one you downloaded. strange issue!
No luck again, flashed twrp 1227 - formatted, installed eu dev 9.2.15 - zip install was successful but when reboots - goes in fastboot... i will try different twrps now...
Edit: 1217 isn't booting at all, only 1227 works but after that goes in fastboot instead of dev 9.2.15 nor 9.3.1 EU rom... maybe xiaomi forbid instaling custom rom, even on unlocked bootloader :)

Last edited:
No luck again, flashed twrp 1227 - formatted, installed eu dev 9.2.15 - zip install was successful but when reboots - goes in fastboot... i will try different twrps now...
Edit: 1217 isn't booting at all, only 1227 works but after that goes in fastboot instead of dev 9.2.15 nor 9.3.1 EU rom... maybe xiaomi forbid instaling custom rom, even on unlocked bootloader :)
Try 1227 from here, this worked for many of us.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IeCtb6vRO4CRe76s0BD_5TQiSnymPBTT

Thanks for your efforts, but no luck. I mi flash china dev 9.2.15 - the twrp 1227 - format data, install eu dev 9.2.15 reboots in FASTBOOT. Twrps before 1227 don't boot on china dev. Also I installed zip eu 9.2.15 then in one go flash twrp1227.img from twrp again goes in fastboot...
why did you reboot recovery after "format data: yes" (everytime!)?
this can be the catch.
try to install the eu rom without rebooting anything. you place the zip within twrp and you flash it directly.
may be the fact to reboot reencrypt something and make the process to fail.
EDIT:
I've seen you found the way to recover. Good!
Issue remains unexplained...

Last edited:
Reactions: mnikolce
why did you reboot recovery after "format data: yes" (everytime!)?
this can be the catch.
try to install the eu rom without rebooting anything. you place the zip within twrp and you flash it directly.
may be the fact to reboot reencrypt something and make the process to fail.
EDIT:
I've seen you found the way to recover. Good!
Issue remains unexplained...

Reboot after Format Data is required because the storage is not accesible to paste the zipped rom for further installation... As I wrote just format data i ok, no need of manuel wipe od dalvik, cache nor system partition... from readings of other users after xiaomi.eu 9.3.1 I installed twrp3.2.3-1227.IMG and after this I reboot to system, with these there will be latest twrp for PIE Android - it acts OK reboots in twrp from Updater app and everything looks "normal". Thanks again!

Reboot after Format Data is required because the storage is not accesible to paste the zipped rom for further installation... As I wrote just format data i ok, no need of manuel wipe od dalvik, cache nor system partition... from readings of other users after xiaomi.eu 9.3.1 I installed twrp3.2.3-1227.IMG and after this I reboot to system, with these there will be latest twrp for PIE Android - it acts OK reboots in twrp from Updater app and everything looks "normal". Thanks again!
My Bad, I don't remember what I did!!! That's Sure I rebooted recovery because MTP is no more active after format all...
Have a nice day!