[tutorial] Installing Google Pixel Launcher On More Smartphones (system App)

Did this Tutorial help you?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, question below bitte!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

djbosanac

Members
Jan 24, 2014
Hello all,

Maybe you don't like the original MIUI launcher and want to use a different(better) one? Than the Google Pixel Launcher is one the better ones you can use. But Google only tries to be installed on there own hardware/software or smartphones from Android 7 or more!!
(If you install it normaly or throughout the ''Playstore'' it will not be installed or a lot of features won't work. So there is a easy way to fix this problem.)

I have used this methods of a member(SuperKneus) on a nother forum and all the credits go to him for this easy solution, and used this now on more smartphones and it works like a charm!

---------- TUTORIAL ----------

Here is a quik tutorial how to install Google Pixel Launcher and having most of features working.

Requested:
  • Es File Explorer installed (for deleting this Launcher again, you need root permissions)
  • A rooted device! Need access to system map see below!
  • Apk file needed (see link below)

1. Download the .apk file of the Google Pixel Launcher, see link below!
( http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-7-1-1-3359438-android-apk-download/download/ )

2. Install the app trough Es File Explorer!

3. Copy the .apk file you have downloaded (proberly in the download map) to local / system map.

4. Reboot your smartphone!

5. The phone will ask you to choose a Launcher, and choose Google Pixel Launcher!

And you are done, most of all the features are now working on your Google Pixel Launcher!

PS: if people don't like the Google Pixel Launcher, they will need root permissions and enable ''root explorer'' in Es File Explorer to delete this!

Last edited:
And how people can revert back if they want to? Any important steps on that or just choose launcher from settings?

Device: Kate
Translator: Finnish

And how people can revert back if they want to? Any important steps on that or just choose launcher from settings?

Device: Kate
Translator: Finnish

I have edited my post, for deleting again you need root acces, and than in Es File Explorer you must enable root explorer to delete the system app.