- Oct 6, 2014
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Ask for the unlock in http://www.miui.com/unlock/
- Download and launch mi unlocker with your mi account
- Put you phone into fastboot mode (volum down + power when shut down)
- Follow the instructions
2. Custom Recovery
- Download the recovery for Mi4S : mega:#!KFMV3b7R!JimCtnMwheL2mMQyQymtmFQBljirMcR01BGL5E7iInU
- Download adb : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118 and install it
- Put your phone in fastboot mode if not already and connect it to Pc
- Go, in your computer, to C:\ADB
- cut/paste the recovery_aqua.img in the folder C:\ADB
- Shift + right clic and "open a command window"
- Type "fastboot devices" and press Enter just to be sure your device is correctly recognized.
- Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery_aqua.img" and press Enter to flash the recovery
Now you're recovery must be the TWRP. You can now install the rom (*.zip) from it.