Two doubts about flashing a Custom Rom

Kennxp

Members
Dec 21, 2019
Hello everyone, i never installed a custom ROM on a Xiaomi Phone before, i have the Redmi 7A and i have two doubts, i would appreciate it if someone help me with these doubts.

1) I would like to install the XIAOMI.EU ROM, do i need to patch the boot in order to install this ROM?
2) If i flash the TWRP, install the XIAOMI.EU ROM and the recovery mode gets back to the stock recovery, i am suposed to have any problems?

I am afraid to get my phone bricked. Thank you all for the attention.

First of all: Redmi 7A isn't supported by Xiaomi.eu.
To 1) No.
To 2) You shouldn't have any problems when the recovery mode gets back to stock, but why should it? You can't flash eu-ROM without TWRP.

Reactions: Kennxp
First of all: Redmi 7A isn't supported by Xiaomi.eu.
To 1) No.
To 2) You shouldn't have any problems when the recovery mode gets back to stock, but why should it? You can't flash eu-ROM without TWRP.

Thanks for the attention.

Looks like Redmi 7A is supported by Xiaomi.eu:
A stable MIUI 11 ROM (HM7A) for this phone was released, right?

About the recovery, i would like to prefer stay with the TWRP, but i saw some Redmi 7A users saying that the recovery of this phone automatically gets back to the stock after a few reboots or something like that, that is why i asked it.

Looks like Redmi 7A is supported by Xiaomi.eu:
A stable MIUI 11 ROM (HM7A) for this phone was released, right?
Ah ok, you're right, I missed it, I only looked for weekly ROM.

About the recovery, i would like to prefer stay with the TWRP, but i saw some Redmi 7A users saying that the recovery of this phone automatically gets back to the stock after a few reboots or something like that, that is why i asked it.
Ok, I got it. But that's not normal. Then you will have to flash TWRP again and again after updating ROM. You should search for a good TWRP on xda, maybe from orangefox or LR team.

Reactions: Kennxp
Ah ok, you're right, I missed it, I only looked for weekly ROM.

Ok, I got it. But that's not normal. Then you will have to flash TWRP again and again after updating ROM. You should search for a good TWRP on xda, maybe from orangefox or LR team.

I have no problem with flashing the recovery to update Xiaomi.eu ROM another times, since the stable release takes a longer time to update. I was just afraid that after I flashed twrp, the ROM, and eventually the recovery gets back to the stock, the phone get bricked or stuck in bootloop, but that would not happen for what it seems.

Reactions: MeiGuddet
Very odd indeed… on my phone Mi8 Lite. in Kennyxp's posts its shows those screen shots...on my laptop those screenshots are the links to the ROMs download page.... very strange ….
That's it, I don't see a screenshot, only the link to the stable download thread/post #1.

Reactions: iamme729