Twrp By Iceman_it

AleBerlo

Members
Sep 22, 2015
Last edited:
@IceMan_it would it be possible to shed some light on what has been solved ?
And why this would be better to what we are running now? :)
No major problem. Twrp by IceMan it is more responsive, it has the ability to set the timeout. There are no strange characters in the installations.

Inviato dal mio MIX 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: IceMan_it
So installed it and have to confirm its more responsive and no more chinese characters indeed :)

Can anyone confirm, or not, that adb does not recognize your device in recovery when using this TWRP version? Because adb does not recognize my device in recovery while in normal system mode it does. Yes, usb-debugging is checked en all drivers are ok. Furthermore TWRP cannot see the transferred eu_rom at the /sdcard. I did not tested an other TWRP version yet. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm, or not, that adb does not recognize your device in recovery when using this TWRP version? Because adb does not recognize my device in recovery while in normal system mode it does. Yes, usb-debugging is checked en all drivers are ok. Furthermore TWRP cannot see the transferred eu_rom at the /sdcard. I did not tested an other TWRP version yet. Thanks!

Good morning.
I did not understand the problem.

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery iceman_twrp_chiron.img
fastboot reboot

Seems not working for me.
If i force via cmd to reboot into the twrp it works for this time.
But 1.) net recognized via usb as thumb drive by windows, 2.) cryptic folder names
Also strange volume up + power if device was off leads to old xiaomi recovery

I made something wrong or whats going on ?

C:\Xiaomi>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.001s

C:\Xiaomi>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (26892 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.676s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.112s]
finished. total time: 0.789s

C:\Xiaomi>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.001s

The cmd window looks right ?.....

Download file recovery ---> recovery_chiron_NHG47N-lzma.img

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery_chiron_NHG47N-lzma.img
fastboot boot recovery_chiron_NHG47N-lzma.img

Reactions: LaWaCOBRA
Its there for exact 1 boot cycle

After shutdown booting miui and shutoff - powerup by volume up and power i land on stock recovery

Says unlocked on bootup - and yep i did it

Or is there something special - i just used the xiaomi tool to do this - no reflash of anything after this

As said the system status says unlocked - also on boot the "lock" symbol is unlocked

Edit: Mi unlock SW says also device unlocked , u dont need to do it again

Yep its global stable.... (newest)

As long i dont boot the OS after flashing TWRP it works several times until os boot. After booting to os and reboot the stock recovery is (back)there.

Yes, when the operating system restarts, the recovery file is restored from the recovery-from-boot.p file

So ok - my fault
How to avoid this ?
Second- why cant see the phone as thumb drive in windows while in twrp main screen ?
Third- whats the location of /Downloads if i put the file there while in Miui - i had only strange named folders in TWRP nothing real to deal with

Thx for ur support - nice service

Twrp automatically transforms the recovery-from-boot.p file into recovery-from-boot.bak
Install twrp with fastboot and restart in twrp always with fastboot... then Wipe -> Advanced Wipe... select Dalvik / ART Cache and Data and Swipe to Wipe

This lead last time to non booting OS- extrem long boot cycle never got into OS

No problem if i can transfer a new image to TWRP accessable storage but as mentioned above cant find the "download" folder and also phone doesnt get detected as storage while in TWRP

Jep - even if this works, whats about the strange names in TWRP for the storage - cant find my download folder or is this linked ?

Cant enable usb on TWRP why?

Last edited:
Why is this like it is ? Never got that troubble with TWRP install on any phone.
Cant get the phone recognized as usb storage while in twrp and cant realy browse the filesystem because there are strange names

Attachments

• IMG_20171022_205855.jpg
    IMG_20171022_205855.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 656
@rira87

1] download adb driver
2] download twrp recovery for Xiaomi Mi note 2 (scorpio)
3] download xiaomi.eu global rom or developer rom (.zip) for Xiaomi Mi note 2 (scorpio)
4] install downloaded adb driver
5] power on your phone and connect it to your pc via usb
6] enable developer options
7] enable usb debugging in developer options
8] copy downloaded global rom or devloper rom (.zip) to your Xiaomi Mi note 2 (wipe/format all data will clean the internal memory of the Xiaomi Mi note 2)
9] copy downloaded recovery TWRP for Xiaomi Mi note 2 (scorpio) to adb directory
10] rename downloaded recovery Xiaomi Mi note 2 (scorpio) to recovery.img
11] flash recovery:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img
12] press wipe, advanced wipe - choose: dalvik/art cache, system, cache, data, internal storage
13] if it works without errors jump to point 16. - if fails with errors (unable to mount /data) press wipe, format data: yes
14] reboot, recovery
15] try again: wipe, advanced wipe - choose: dalvik/art cache, system, cache, data, internal storage
16] install, choose the Xiaomi Mi note 2 (scorpio) rom (.zip) - if your copy of the xiaomi.eu rom is gone (wipe all data and no copy of the rom on your sd-card), you have to copy the rom again to the internal memory
17. reboot and wait, boot to new installed MIUI took some time