TWRP Decrypt failure and bootloop when updating A11 weeklies on Mi 10 Lite Zoom

rdraheim

Members
May 3, 2020
Hi!

I was able to get TWRP running and get 20.12.28 running and set-up well on my phone with Android 11.

However, TWRP can't seem to decrypt to install 21.1.6 and then goes into a boot-loop.

Any ideas?

I can reflash TWRP via ADB on MacOS after doing a data wipe and a factory reset.

Will I need to do that for every weekly update?

Many thanks and have a nice weekend!

Try this solution:

System update:(I recommend doing this because until the official TWRP is released on this phone, I don't want to install it * The same is stated by its author too)

2. Download the latest ROM and transfer it to the phone memory.
3. Download the latest TWRP (the latest version has the highest number)
4. Restart the phone in FastBoot mode (via ADB or volume down + power)
5. Install minimal ADB and Fastboot (unless you have already installed them)
6. Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable
7. Move TWRP to the folder where you installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
8. Run cmd (command prompt) in the folder where Minimal ADB and Fastboot are installed
9. Boot the phone temporarily into TWRP recovery mode with the command "fastboot boot TWRP_vangogh.img"
10. Install the rom in TWRP (click Install and then select the .zip file that was previously transferred to the phone memory)
11. After restarting the phone, the system will be installed.
12. IMPORTANT! We do not wipe data (Wipe / Wipe data) as we will lose our applications and the rest of the data.

Sorry for my English

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I'll need flash TWRP for each weekly update that I want to use and not wipe the data. If I'm already on Android 11, I might just wait for the next stable release as it seems that most/all of the MIUI 12.5 stuff is already in the weekly I'm using.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy Poland, which I live to visit. I have a lot of friends in Kraków.

After a foot TWRP bootloops and not decrypting Android 11, I'm going back to the last stable Android 10.

Any idea when or how to get TWRP 3.4.2b-1208 to handle decryption on Android 11?

Only use the unlock pattern on the working system to decrypt the internal memory and update, remove any locks except the unlock pattern.

Only use the unlock pattern on the working system to decrypt the internal memory and update, remove any locks except the unlock pattern.

OK. Many thanks, I will try that now, it seems that there is a new weekly out I will try out with the lock pattern only :)

Hi!

I just did this with the last Android 10-based stable for my phone (Mi 10 Lite Zoom and 12.0.6.0). The unlock pattern works great an decrypts as it should.

If I update to the newest stable 12.1.4.0 it is Android 11-based.

Will TWRP be able to handle the Android 11-based decryption if I keep in pattern-based unlock? It did NOT work with any password-based decryption. I have not tried PIN-based locking.

Many thanks and thanks for converting your previous message into English for us!

Have a nice Sunday!

I am glad that I was able to help you. It will be android 11, pattern based decryption will work. Until the official twrp comes out, it's only a pattern to decode.

I am glad that I was able to help you. It will be android 11, pattern based decryption will work. Until the official twrp comes out, it's only a pattern to decode.

Many thanks. I will give it a shot tomorrow evening. Do I need to do a factory reset or wipe data when going from A10 to A11? Both are Xiaomi.EU stable (12.0.6.0 and 12.1.4.0).

Many thanks and have a nice Sunday. The family and I will soon go for a walk on the beach.

Last edited:
The update proceeds without restoring factory settings and wiping data, I did it on Mi 10T and everything flashes.

Have a nice Sunday too.

The update proceeds without restoring factory settings and wiping data, I did it on Mi 10T and everything flashes.

Have a nice Sunday too.
Hi!

It worked very well! The A11-based 12.1.4.0 Stable is excellent and removed some issues I had with the weeklies.

There is a slight problem that I needed to have a PIN-based or password-based screenlock for my corporate email account. I guess that I'll remove them and reboot with out a shape-based screen lock before attempting to the next stable update.

But, man, this Xiaomi.EU stable variant is awesome :D

Thank you , i use 3.4.2b-0625

actually 0625 is what I use, sorry, too many numbers.

it works great and I'm blow away with the 12.1.4.0.Stable.EU release from here. It is awesome and so much better than the weeklies.

actually 0625 is what I use, sorry, too many numbers.

it works great and I'm blow away with the 12.1.4.0.Stable.EU release from here. It is awesome and so much better than the weeklies.

I have the mi 10 lite zoom vangogh, however the Chinese ROM of the factory, Google services does not work normally some applications do not open others close so, I was wondering if in version 12.1.4 even though Chinese ROM works normal ?? bank applications too ??

I have the mi 10 lite zoom vangogh, however the Chinese ROM of the factory, Google services does not work normally some applications do not open others close so, I was wondering if in version 12.1.4 even though Chinese ROM works normal ?? bank applications too ??

I can't get anything Google to work with the CN ROM on the phone with 12.1.3 or 12.1.4.

I used XiaoMiTool V2 to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP (after 7 days) and then flashed the weekly ROM here with MIUI 12.5.

It was terrible for daily usage, so then I flashed the .EU 12.1.4 stable here and it's awesome.

The battery life is even BETTER than the CN ROM and I get 48h with 7h sot out of single charge with default software and settings.

I meant to switch at the beginning when I got the phone but I used the CN ROM for a while, liked it, and didn't flash until I had too when Google stopped working.

My banking app doesn't work as I left my bootloader unlocked. But, I don't really care to be honest.

Reactions: Henrik.saldanha
I can't get anything Google to work with the CN ROM on the phone with 12.1.3 or 12.1.4.

I used XiaoMiTool V2 to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP (after 7 days) and then flashed the weekly ROM here with MIUI 12.5.

It was terrible for daily usage, so then I flashed the .EU 12.1.4 stable here and it's awesome.

The battery life is even BETTER than the CN ROM and I get 48h with 7h sot out of single charge with default software and settings.

I meant to switch at the beginning when I got the phone but I used the CN ROM for a while, liked it, and didn't flash until I had too when Google stopped working.

My banking app doesn't work as I left my bootloader unlocked. But, I don't really care to be honest.

you are using version 12.1.4 plus google still does not work ??? in my case for example when I enter uber it appears that the version of Google play services is not compatible with this phone. does it not pay to install xiaomi.eu 12.1.4 rom which will stay the same way correct?

you are using version 12.1.4 plus google still does not work ??? in my case for example when I enter uber it appears that the version of Google play services is not compatible with this phone. does it not pay to install xiaomi.eu 12.1.4 rom which will stay the same way correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-16-19-06-20-367_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-16-19-06-20-367_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_2021-01-13-15-08-10-347_com.ubercab.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-13-15-08-10-347_com.ubercab.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 247