TWRP error 7 and beta 9.3.28, need help

Glazga

Members
Jul 21, 2018
Hello guys I'm having a bit problem with beta 9.3.28 andTWRP in my whyred. I was using pixel experience, then I flashed the latest miui beta (9.3.28), flashed magisk, tried to enable camera2 api but it didn't work, and since *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* is a must have for me, I went all the way back to 9.3.14 (oreo) and it was buggy as hell, vibration didn't worked neither the camera nor sound, but the zip file could've somehow get corrupted, so i will try to download it again. I don't know if it has to do with 9.3.28 but when i tried to went back to pixel experience using the SAME zip I used to flashed pixel experience before flashing 9.3.28, but it didn't worked! tried with another rom (havoc 2.3) and i was still getting the same error (error 7), tried to update TWRP an downgrade it, but nothing. Now im stucked with 9.3.28 and miui in general couse now i can only flash miui based roms

Hello guys I'm having a bit problem with beta 9.3.28 andTWRP in my whyred. I was using pixel experience, then I flashed the latest miui beta (9.3.28), flashed magisk, tried to enable camera2 api but it didn't work, and since *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* is a must have for me, I went all the way back to 9.3.14 (oreo) and it was buggy as hell, vibration didn't worked neither the camera nor sound, but the zip file could've somehow get corrupted, so i will try to download it again. I don't know if it has to do with 9.3.28 but when i tried to went back to pixel experience using the SAME zip I used to flashed pixel experience before flashing 9.3.28, but it didn't worked! tried with another rom (havoc 2.3) and i was still getting the same error (error 7), tried to update TWRP an downgrade it, but nothing. Now im stucked with 9.3.28 and miui in general couse now i can only flash miui based roms
Since whyred has ARB protection, you're lucky to not have a hard-bricked device by now.
9.3.28 includes a full firmware-update, while 9.3.14 does not, so you basically used 9.3.14 with 9.3.28 firmware, which could explain why nothing works.
Anyway, just saying that you messed with your device in a matter nobody sensible would be able to help you, but I will tell you this: it is entirely possible that if you flash a full 9.3.14 ROM (with the firmware update) you will end up with a bricked device.

Reactions: Glazga
Since whyred has ARB protection, you're lucky to not have a hard-bricked device by now.
9.3.28 includes a full firmware-update, while 9.3.14 does not, so you basically used 9.3.14 with 9.3.28 firmware, which could explain why nothing works.
Anyway, just saying that you messed with your device in a matter nobody sensible would be able to help you, but I will tell you this: it is entirely possible that if you flash a full 9.3.14 ROM (with the firmware update) you will end up with a bricked device.
Thanks for the advice, I'm quite new with this kind of stuff. Maybe I could flash the official rom, it will rewrite TWRP with the stock recovery, that could work if I don't brick my device when returning to the official beta 9.3.28 rom, make a clean TWRP installation and get it back to work, right?

Thanks for the advice, I'm quite new with this kind of stuff. Maybe I could flash the official rom, it will rewrite TWRP with the stock recovery, that could work if I don't brick my device when returning to the official beta 9.3.28 rom, make a clean TWRP installation and get it back to work, right?
Sounds fine.

Reactions: Glazga