TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

The link to the autoinstall doesn't work anymore... Is there a new one?
Link is OK....
Now I've tried it, download works.

To download you have to click on the button as shown in the picture.
F
ulozto.jpg

Last edited:
I get only an error 451.

What can I do to download the file?

Edit: Perhaps it's blocked only in Germany? Can anyone upload the file at another place and give me the link?

Attachments

• error-451.jpg
    error-451.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 263
Thank you very much! (I have to wait some days until I can unlock the phone, so I can't try it now. But of course I did the download immediately.)

Micha

I get only an error 451.

What can I do to download the file?

Edit: Perhaps it's blocked only in Germany? Can anyone upload the file at another place and give me the link?
Hi, I don't understand why you can't download it, everyone else can.

-After turning on, phone will boot into TWRP, if not jump to TWRP by pressing at the same time Power and Volume+ buttons
-When the TWRP starts up for the first time, you need to immediately click on the language setting button and select English

It's all in russian... Where is the language button?

sorry, found it: It's the right one.

-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! ( important, otherwise it will not work)

Now I'm here. I rebootet the system to TWRP. But there I coudn't swip to unlock the screen. the screen did not react.
And now I can't boot to TWRP again. by pressing power and Vol+ the phone starts another mode where I can wipe the data or reboot the system.

Is there anyone to help me?

Edit: I have now tried three times to perform all steps of the first post exactly (with autoinstall.exe). Once I was also in TWRP, but after the reboot it did not work anymore. After the second and third attempts I can't even get into TWRP anymore. I always get the "Main Menu" (from XIAOMI?) when I start the phone with Power and Vol+.

Edit: And now I istalled the multi language twrp from cuvetto manually. I can start the phone to twrp but after the startscreen the display get immediatly off. I can't reactivate it, because of the "swip issue". but I can't do any settings in twrp because of this issue... What to do now?

Last edited:
What I see on your picture is not TWRP, it's original recovery.

Twrp looks like this picture..
3bb68ba32fe3544d6bd753f6a1695260.jpg

As is written in the first post...

To solve the Swipe button issue -> turn off the "Enable screen timeout" option in TWRP Settings.

Last edited:
What I see on your picture is not TWRP, it's original recovery.

Yes but after installing with autoinstall I got this... no TWRP!

I think my mistake was that I booted to the system once in a while.
Beetween this steps
-In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! ( important, otherwise it will not work)
-In TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and copy the ROM to Internal storage
you must not boot to system! At every boot you have to press power and Vol+ buttons to start to twrp.

As is written in the first post...
To solve the Swipe button issue -> turn off the "Enable screen timeout" option in TWRP Settings.

As I wrote: After installing manually the multilanguage TWRP or the Eng/Ru version I can't go to the settings in TWRP! The swiper comes by starting TWRP!

But, after many times of trying the same install I got it now!!!!

I have to start TWRP by holding the two buttons and - when the phone vibrates - I have to lease them! When I hold them a little bit to long, the swiper comes at start and I can't do anything - even without the "Enable screen timeout" option.

Thanks for the step-by-step howto! Perhaps you can give a number to every step, so you can say e.g.: "I have problems with step 4".

Micha

Last edited:
I have to start TWRP by holding the two buttons and - when the phone vibrates - I have to lease them! When I hold them a little bit to long, the swiper comes at start and I can't do anything - even without the "Enable screen timeout" option.

Thanks for the step-by-step howto! Perhaps you can give a number to every step, so you can say e.g.: "I have problems with step 4".

Micha

Thanks for the suggestion, I just edited the instructions in the first post, I think it's really clearer now. I will add numbers to instructions tomorrow on PC.

Try new TWRP version, which I mentioned in my post above.

Last edited:
I added a new TWRP to the first post:
TWRP 3.4.0-14 by mauronofrio (developer working with official TeamWin Recovery Project)

TWRP 3.4.0-14 by mauronofrio (developer working with official TeamWin Recovery Project)
Saw some complaine that it can backup or restore, check xda thread, also can i use old twrp which is the first one to install the img of the new one?

New version of the twrp you uploaded i have installed it flashed via the old twrp using image method, the design its okay buh still cant edit sytem files, like changing files permission

New version of the twrp you uploaded i have installed it flashed via the old twrp using image method, the design its okay buh still cant edit sytem files, like changing files permission
Isn't that caused by the ROM you're using?

Hi, thanks! two questions:
In the link itself, the name contains curtana, not joyuse.It's confusing.
I don't understand: do I need to install this TWRP with another TWRP? or I can install it independently?

If you read well first post, there is written, it's universal TWRP, for Joyeuse also. SO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL FILE FOR Curtana to Joyeuse.

Hi, thanks! two questions:
In the link itself, the name contains curtana, not joyuse.It's confusing.
I don't understand: do I need to install this TWRP with another TWRP? or I can install it independently?
If you read well first post, there is written, it's universal TWRP, for Joyeuse also. SO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL FILE FOR Curtana to Joyeuse.

I assume that everyone already has an older TWRP in their phone, so I wrote that they can install it from TWRP. Of course you can install it in another way.

Reactions: intersys
The system partition also cannot be wiped in TWRP. I don't understand that either.
System, vendor and product partitions are contained within the super partition under Android 10.

That's why it can't be wiped, and also the reason there's still no official custom recoveries for devices released with A10.

In what ways is this new version of TWRP any better than the previous LR-TWRP? What compelling reasons are there to upgrade, if indeed it is an "upgrade"?