TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

Yes I install it via .bat "first_install_with_data_format" script... and TWRP decrypt files as we see... Maybe some day I will have free time to fresh install that ROM but now I can't waste my time. I thought that will be without troubles :p so thank You for all replies....

EDIT:
Ou I found next bug... when Phone turn off screen in TWRP, I can't unlock him... only show that I must swipe but touch screen no react... only restart :)
All this is happening because you did not follow the instructions. You do not do what is necessary, so problems arise.

Back up your data (photos, videos, etc.) and perform the whole Install procedure again (TWRP+ROM), exactly according to the instructions in the first post.
I'm tired of solving problems you got into just because you do what you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393
Test on a PC whether the data are readable.

If yes do EXACTLY!!! this:
-Download Recovery version latest ROM 11.0.5
-In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! (important, otherwise it will not work)
-In TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and copy the ROM to Internal storage
-Install ROM (In TWRP click on Install and select ZIP from storage)
-Restart to System
-Restart to TWRP
-Magisk installation (this is optional)

Do not try to do what is not written in the instructions, the result is your problems.
The great thing is that once you format it, the installation of next versions of ROM will be without data loss.
OK, you convinced me, I done format and fresh install... so after flash now I have 11.0.5 but :D:D when enter to update, ROM say me that newer version (11.0.5) is available to download :)

It is OK.
It shows because Ingbrzy (the author of the local ROM) has not yet modified the link from XIAOMI server to the Xiaomi.eu update server, because at the time he completed the ROM, TWRP was not available and therefore the OTA update could not be done.

I assume that since we already have a working TWRP, it will be fixed in the next version.
They will certainly add the ability to reboot to TWRP directly to the Power button.

Last edited:
All this is happening because you did not follow the instructions. You do not do what is necessary, so problems arise.

Back up your data (photos, videos, etc.) and perform the whole Install procedure again (TWRP+ROM), exactly according to the instructions in the first post.
I'm tired of solving problems you got into just because you do what you want.

I am pretty sure that there is no need to format anything if you come from previous eu version.
Format is needed ONLY if you come from stock rom.

Yes, BUT, I didn't know what condition Snajper89's phone was in (there was a possibility that he had the original ROM, although he claimed that he did not), so it was best to advise him to do the whole procedure again. He kept running into some problems, see the discussion.
When he has performed the entire installation procedure from the beginning exactly according to the instructions, everything works for him.

Last edited:
It's OK, I formatted data and reinstall all apps again... I hope that now when update appear I will only flash via TWRP and it will work. Hmm... tell me one more thing... TWRP after format data should decrypt all data yes? So after reconfigure all ROM... I try enter to TWRP and... and he encrypt all storage again... it's normal? I set fingerprint and PIN in ROM.

If you use on you phone PIN/Fingerprint to protect lockscreen, when you jump to TWRP, TWRP will request it.

Reactions: Snajper89
On XDA forum this release
I'm trying it and it seems mature enough
This topic is about TWRP, if you want to write about Pitch black, start a new topic. You're making chaos here.
Why are you spamming more topics with this message?

Last edited:
It got a little bit confusing: do i need to format data, when i already have a EU-rom installed (via fastboot)

I know, that a fresh start is recommended ;)

Reactions: Yemble
It got a little bit confusing: do i need to format data, when i already have a EU-rom installed (via fastboot)

No.. No need to format. I updated the eu rom with this twrp from 11.0.4 to 11.0.5 without any format and everything went battery smooth.

Reactions: Yemble

You read my mind. I'll give it a go this weekend...

As no one has mentioned a full ROM restore using this LR-TWRP, I presume that no one has attempted one yet?

As no one has mentioned a full ROM restore using this LR-TWRP, I presume that no one has attempted one yet?
I do it as written in the first post...

Backup/Restore ROM in TWRP:
- just back up Data and EFS partitions.
- when restoring, first install the ROM from ZIP and then restore the backup of Data and EFS partitions
- we will get the same phone state as after the backup

Take care Mate!
Reminber your convinced wordings:
This is not an official release and worst it has no certification from EU team.
Just my mini cent. Loooool!

Last edited:
So far, everything in TWRP is working for me.
Restoring works well also.

Last edited:
Take care Mate!
Reminber your convinced wordings:
This is not an official release and worst it has no certification from EU team.
Just my mini cent. Loooool!
Indeed, but at least these guys actually own this phone model and have tried it, successfully, themselves.

Reactions: LOLO9393
Installed yet and it work on my redmi note 9 pro (Joyeuse). I have only a problem. When I turn on on TWRP I don't have a problem, but if I turn off the screen, when I want to use it again, the TWRP ask for me to "Swipe to unlock", but is impossible...It doesn't work!!
Somebody have the same problem?

I just try it, Swipe to unlock works well for me. No one reports such a problem anywhere.

Are you doing the Swipe well?
How exactly do you do it?

Place your finger on the slider (three triangles) and drag to the right.

Last edited:
I just try it, Swipe to unlock works well for me. No one reports such a problem anywhere.

Are you doing the Swipe well?
How exactly do you do it?

Place your finger on the slider (three triangles) and drag to the right.

I know use the swipe....and if I tell that it doesn't work, is not because I don't know how to swipe... I swipe on android from Froyo!!
I read above that also another user (@Snajper89 ) have the same problem. Have you solved it?

Where Snajper89 write about it? Snajper89 had problems because he didn't exactly do installation procedure. He had problems with encrypted partition.

I didn't read about your problem nowhere. Russians use this TWRP long time, on their discussion board, no one has reported such a problem.

I suggest you install TWRP again, just IMG file to Recovery partition in TWRP and restart to recovery.

Last edited:
Where Snajper89 write about it? Snajper89 had problems because he didn't exactly do installation procedure. He had problems with encrypted partition.

I didn't read about your problem nowhere. Russians use this TWRP long time, on their discussion board, no one has reported such a problem.

I suggest you install TWRP again, just IMG file to Recovery partition in TWRP and restart to recovery.

Read here, at the end of the post: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...or-redmi-note-9-pro-joyeuse.56896/post-556515

I installed the TWRP throug automatic installer from 4PDA following the guide (all perfect, I also installed the rom xiaomi.eu 11.0.5 whitout any problem) and I have the problem. I installed again from adbshell with iso file but the situation is the same. I edited also the TWRP, added italian language, repack and flash it again and I have always the same problem with "swipe to unlock" after screen off.
If I switch on the TWRP and I begin to use it, I can swipe normally, the problem is only when I screen off and I want use it again!

Last edited:
I'm trying to help you and find out why this only happens to you.
This TWRP is used by a lot of people, no one has the problem but you.

As I wrote, Sniper did not install the procedure, which I strongly recommend in the first post. Once TWRP has been installed exactly as instructed, it already works fine.

I installed the TWRP throug automatic installer from 4PDA following the guide (all perfect, I also installed the rom xiaomi.eu 11.0.5 whitout any problem) and I have the problem.
Did you install it exactly according to the instructions? Including formatting Data partition?

These two steps from instructions are critical if not performing, TWRP may not work properly:
-In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! ( important, otherwise it will not work)

What lockscreen protection method do you have set? I use a PIN and a fingerprint. When jumping to TWRP, then entering the PIN code is then required.
Try switch off any lockscreen protection method and try TWRP.

BTW: Why you do this? " the problem is only when I screen off and I want use it again"

Last edited: