TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

Delboy tell me name of this app, I will check type of my display. I haven't problem with Swipe.
a791348be406085e69886c3ac904e3b6.jpg

Isn't an app, is integrated on the firmware. Go to info/kernel/tap 5 times, and enter on "software version". Scroll down and read to ""TP Version" or "LCM information"

Reactions: delboy
Hello everybody.
Just recently received my Redmi Note 9 Pro (joyeuse)
Went straight ahead and unlocked bootloader (waited 1 week), installed TWRP and xiaomi.eu Rom by following the tutorial in the OP.
What can I say. Everything worked flawlessly and as expected. Needed around 10 min. for everything. Dl's excluded as I did them already a few days ago.
Couldn't confirm the swipe issues in TWRP either. For me everything was just fine.
Flashing magisk afterwards worked aswell. Banking App working fine. Just Google Pay is nagging about root.

If anyone still needs the info. My Display is Huaxing. As seen below:
Screenshot_2020-08-15-22-04-03-482_com.longcheertel.cit.jpg

I just want to thank you guys for this easy tutorial.
Have a great evening.
Greetings from Germany

Reactions: delboy
For working Google Pay install Persist.img file from latest Fastboot global ROM 11.0.5.0 in TWRP to Persist partition.
All Xiaomi ROMs here: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/

This worked for me (no Magisk installed).

It is not necessary to install Magisk and any more patches.
If you have Magisk installed try hide them and rename Magisk manager also (options in Magisk).
Thanks for pointing that out.
Already read this thread:
Couldn't understand if im going to L3 by flashing persist and actually I didn't mind Google pay not working as my creditcard got nfc itself. Were just a nice to have. As everything besides that works perfect I might stick as it is.
Yeah need root for several other things, that's why I got magisk. Hide and renaming sadly did not the Trick.
Thanks for the reply

Edit: Just used "MagiskHide Props Config" as magisk module to Edit ro.build.fingerprint
Google Pay working now as intented
Still thanks for your help

Last edited:
Im pretty satisfied with what I got now.
Got xiaomi.eu Rom, working TWRP, Magisk and all Apps are working aswell which I need, including banking and Google pay. No Problems with Spotify and similar Apps.
Just did what I wrote in my previous posts.
If anybody wants a step by step help, im happy to help out.

Reactions: LOLO9393
Thanks for pointing that out.
Just used "MagiskHide Props Config" as magisk module to Edit ro.build.fingerprint
Google Pay working now as intented
Still thanks for your help

Im pretty satisfied with what I got now.
Got xiaomi.eu Rom, working TWRP, Magisk and all Apps are working aswell which I need, including banking and Google pay. No Problems with Spotify and similar Apps.
Just did what I wrote in my previous posts.
If anybody wants a step by step help, im happy to help out.
Hi thanks for your posts.
Please write in detail what exactly you did. Just install module?
Did you install Persist.img file?

I use Magisk also and just installed the Persist.img file. Google Pay works.
Apparently it also depends on the banking application, how strictly it controls the Root.

How I installed it is mentioned in the first post.

Last edited:
Good morning no I didn't flashed any persist.img file. Still on widevine L1.

Unlocking the Bootloader via MiUnlockTool was without a doubt my First step. Also following the OP step by step to get TWRP and xiaomi.eu Rom is a sure Thing. Flashed Magisk after Initial setup of the Rom.

I installed the written Module via magisk and followed their tutorial. Easy and short:
Open any commandline app for android, in my case I used termux.
First typing "su"
Now "props"
Going through their easy menu step by step to choose a New ro.build.fingerprint from already working ones within the App.
A working one for Redmi Note 9 Pro (joyeuse) is already saved within the Module and can be easily choosen from a list.
Restarting the Phone and using magisk hide did the Trick then

Best regards

Module and tutorial:

Last edited:
Just saw even if it's working already that magisk Shows Ctsprofile as false.
To fix that just use the mentioned magisk Module and after changing fingerprint click on the second Option aswell.
I will write a step by step tutorial in a few minutes including some screens of the procedere. So you @rbarat can Edit it aswell.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-31-23-922_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-31-23-922_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-30-02-725_com.amxo.h5.Xs3f.RHr.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-30-02-725_com.amxo.h5.Xs3f.RHr.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: eslicarrllo
So to get working TWRP, xiaomi.eu Rom and magisk simply follow the OP.
Activate Magisk Hide and give Magisk a New package Name. Both can be done within magisk itself.

To have CTSProfile true and keeping Widevine L1 you have to install the following magisk module:

You can install this within magisk without Problems.

After that you have to download a commandline app. I personally installed termux:

After installing open termux and type in
su
and grant root permissions
After that type
props
The following menu will show:
Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-37-21-423_com.termux.jpg
Type 1 and press enter

Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-38-01-961_com.termux.jpg
Type f and press enter

Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-38-19-126_com.termux.jpg
Choose Our Phone by typing 25 for redmi

Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-38-42-898_com.termux.jpg
And 5 for the Redmi Note 9 Pro

Finally type y to confirm the restart.

Again go into termux and grant root by typing su. After that type props and choose option 2
To enable force basic key attestation.
Confirm your Phone Model by typing y and restart again.
Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-39-52-082_com.termux.jpg

You are ready to go.
Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-31-23-922_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpgScreenshot_2020-08-17-13-30-02-725_com.amxo.h5.Xs3f.RHr.jpg

Reactions: LOLO9393
So to get working TWRP, xiaomi.eu Rom and magisk simply follow the OP.
Activate Magisk Hide and give Magisk a New package Name. Both can be done within magisk itself.

To have CTSProfile true and keeping Widevine L1 you have to install the following magisk module:

You can install this within magisk without Problems.

After that you have to download a commandline app. I personally installed termux:

After installing open termux and type in
su
and grant root permissions
After that type
props
The following menu will show:
View attachment 31463
Type 1 and press enter

View attachment 31464
Type f and press enter

View attachment 31465
Choose Our Phone by typing 25 for redmi

View attachment 31466
And 5 for the Redmi Note 9 Pro

Finally type y to confirm the restart.

Again go into termux and grant root by typing su. After that type props and choose option 2
To enable force basic key attestation.
Confirm your Phone Model by typing y and restart again.
View attachment 31467

You are ready to go.
View attachment 31468View attachment 31469

Work For Me Thanks!!!!!!!!

Installed yet and it work on my redmi note 9 pro (Joyeuse). I have only a problem. When I turn on on TWRP I don't have a problem, but if I turn off the screen, when I want to use it again, the TWRP ask for me to "Swipe to unlock", but is impossible...It doesn't work!!
Somebody have the same problem?
I had the same problem!

Hello everybody.
Just recently received my Redmi Note 9 Pro (joyeuse)
Went straight ahead and unlocked bootloader (waited 1 week), installed TWRP and xiaomi.eu Rom by following the tutorial in the OP.
What can I say. Everything worked flawlessly and as expected. Needed around 10 min. for everything. Dl's excluded as I did them already a few days ago.
Couldn't confirm the swipe issues in TWRP either. For me everything was just fine.
Flashing magisk afterwards worked aswell. Banking App working fine. Just Google Pay is nagging about root.

If anyone still needs the info. My Display is Huaxing. As seen below:
View attachment 31439

I just want to thank you guys for this easy tutorial.
Have a great evening.
Greetings from Germany
mine is tianma and i have problem with unlocking
9b65222f7f14435a5b38300bc2696996.jpg

Enviado desde mi joyeuse mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I had considered that as a workaround and it should work for anyone who wants to use that build of TWRP, at least until it gets fixed.

Personally I'm gonna stick with Pitch Black as they're committed to supporting our device and are putting a lot of effort into providing us with a more polished recovery.
Works for ROM install?

Installed yet and it work on my redmi note 9 pro (Joyeuse). I have only a problem. When I turn on on TWRP I don't have a problem, but if I turn off the screen, when I want to use it again, the TWRP ask for me to "Swipe to unlock", but is impossible...It doesn't work!!
Somebody have the same problem?

mine is tianma and i have problem with unlocking

Works for ROM install?

TWRP is fully working!

Redmi Note 9 Pro uses two type of displays (Huaxing, Tianma), on Tianma display the "Swipe to unlock" button does not work after the display goes out. The solution is to turn off the "Enable screen timeout" option in TWRP Settings.

Last edited:
For working Google Pay install Persist.img file from latest Fastboot global ROM 11.0.5.0 in TWRP to Persist partition.
All Xiaomi ROMs here: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/

This worked for me (no Magisk installed).

It is not necessary to install Magisk and any more patches.
If you have Magisk installed try hide them and rename Magisk manager also (options in Magisk).

How do you install the Persist.img file in TWRP to Persist Partition? I have followed a tutorial through a command in the TWRP terminal and apparently the Persist.img has flared well, but Google Pay does not work after doing that either, is there any other way to install the Persist.img with it TWRP ?? I have not used root no Magisk installed.
Google Pay is important to me, without that I would have to go back to the global stock rom
thanks.

How do you install the Persist.img file in TWRP to Persist Partition? I have followed a tutorial through a command in the TWRP terminal and apparently the Persist.img has flared well, but Google Pay does not work after doing that either, is there any other way to install the Persist.img with it TWRP ?? I have not used root no Magisk installed.
Google Pay is important to me, without that I would have to go back to the global stock rom
thanks.

Instructions:
-in TWRP click to "Install"
-then click to "Install Image"
-choose Persist.img file
-choose Persist partition
-Swipe to Confirm flash

You have to instal Persist.img file before installing Google Pay!!!
If you already have Google Pay installed, uninstall it, restart your phone, reinstall it, and try setting up your bank card.

Reactions: kastell
I significantly supplemented the instructions in the first post.

- added information on why "Swipe to unlock" don't work on some phones and how to fix it
- added instructions from LeX1991
- extended the instructions with the Persist.img file

I must note that the solution with the Persist.img file also works great for me, even a while ago I paid mobile. Magisk Shows Ctsprofile as true.

Last edited:
See first post. There you will find instructions for everything you need.

Last edited: