TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

View attachment 31338
Working custom TWRP 3.4.1B from russian 4PDA forum pages, made from TWRP for Redmi 9S.
The installation procedure is verified several times, it works if you follow the entire procedure exactly.
Everything seems to work: Installing, backing up, decrypting the Datapartition, ...

Edit:
Redmi Note 9 Pro uses two type of displays (Huaxing, Tianma), on Tianma display the "Swipe to unlock" button does not work after the display goes out. The solution is to turn off the "Enable screen timeout" option in TWRP Settings.

How to install:
a) by using IMG file - here instructions in czech language (use Google translator) -> you have to log in there to see pictures
Download IMG file:
1: EN/RU version
2: EN/RU version
3: multilanguage version

b) by automatic installer, using an EXE program in Windows
View attachment 31280
Download autoinstall EXE: https://uloz.to/file/qidj7XRHX6wm/joyeuse-twrp3-4-1b-autoinstall-exe

Instructions for install Twrp with automatic installer:
-Back up all your data (photos, videos, files, etc.), the whole phone will be deleted
-The phone must have the Bootloader unlocked
-You need to have drivers installed (you probably already have them when you unlocked Recovery - they are packed in a ZIP)
-Restart the phone to Fastboot mode (turn on the phone by holding down Vol- and Power), this picture will appear on the phone
View attachment 31279
-Run the file "joyeuse_TWRP3.4.1B_autoinstall.exe" on your PC
-Now connect the phone to the PC and click on "Установить"
-Installation will take place, a black text window will open where you have to press Enter several times
-Close the program window on the PC by clicking on "Bыход "
-After installation, hold down the Power button to turn off the phone from Fastboot mode
-After turning on, phone will boot into TWRP, if not jump to TWRP by pressing at the same time Power and Volume+ buttons
-When the TWRP starts up for the first time, you need to immediately click on the language setting button and select English
-Then setup your TWRP, time zone, etc.

Follows the ROM installation:
-Download Recovery version latest ROM 11.0.5
-In TWRP click on Wipe, then on Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt the phone)
-Now you need to restart the phone to TWRP (in TWRP click on the Reboot button, then click on the Recovery button) !!! ( important, otherwise it will not work)
-In TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and copy the ROM to Internal storage
-Install ROM (In TWRP click on Install and select ZIP from storage)
-Restart to System

Optional Magisk (Root) Installation
-Magisk 20.4 a Magisk manager 7.5.1 here https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

Backup/Restore ROM in TWRP:
- just back up Data and EFS partitions.
- when restoring, first install the ROM from ZIP and then restore the backup of Data and EFS partitions
- you will get the same phone state as after the backup

Working Google Pay

A) instructions from LeX1991:

- uses module MagiskHide Props Config v5.3.1
- install the written Module via Magisk and follow tutorial. Easy and short:
- open any commandline app for android, in my case I used termux
- after installing open termux
- type "su" to grant root permissions
- that type "props"

The following menu will show:
Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-37-21-423_com.termux.jpg
choose option "2", to enable force basic key attestation.

Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-39-52-082_com.termux.jpg
confirm your Phone Model by typing "y" and restart

You are ready to go.
Screenshot_2020-08-17-13-31-23-922_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpgScreenshot_2020-08-17-13-30-02-725_com.amxo.h5.Xs3f.RHr.jpg

B) For latest local ROM 11.0.5.0:
Edit - Warning: This procedure will change the Widevine status from L1 to L3, therefore, use the previous procedure instead

-download Fastboot Global ROM 11.0.5.0
-remove file Persist.img from ZIP
-install this in TWRP to Persist partition

You have to instal Persist.img file before installing Google Pay!!!
If you already have Google Pay installed, uninstall it, restart your phone, reinstall it, and try setting up your bank card.

Instructions:
-in TWRP click to "Install"
-then click to "Install Image"
-choose Persist.img file
-choose Persist partition
-Swipe to Confirm flash
-restart to system
what does this mean please:

Instructions for install Twrp with automatic installer:
-Back up all your data (photos, videos, files, etc.), the whole phone will be deleted
-The phone must have the Bootloader unlocked
-You need to have drivers installed (you probably already have them when you unlocked Recovery - they are packed in a ZIP)

where does zip with drivers for joyeuse come from?

and with unlocked bootloader it is safe to just flash recovery img through fastboot i guess?

no hardbricks?

fastboot devices to check connection fine and then the usual way?

adb fastboot flash recovery xxx.img

fastboot reboot recovery

and good to go?

thx

I installed TWRP and formated data. I want to copy ROM zip file to storage but I don't have access. I get this error.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How do I solve this?

EDIT: I put the zip file on an SD card but flashing didn't work. Phone doesn't boot into system, goes directly to TWRP every time...

In your instructions you don't say if we should keep system partition as read only or not. TWRP asks about that but you gave no information. I kept it as read only out of fear.

EDIT 2: Alright, after removing the "mount system as read-only" check, it now flashed the ROM successfuly and it's working!

Last edited:
I installed TWRP and formated data. I want to copy ROM zip file to storage but I don't have access. I get this error.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How do I solve this?

EDIT: I put the zip file on an SD card but flashing didn't work. Phone doesn't boot into system, goes directly to TWRP every time...

In your instructions you don't say if we should keep system partition as read only or not. TWRP asks about that but you gave no information. I kept it as read only out of fear.

EDIT 2: Alright, after removing the "mount system as read-only" check, it now flashed the ROM successfuly and it's working!
The assumption here is that you know how to use TWRP. However, as there is a first time for everyone, you must always grant TWRP full write access to your phone, otherwise it cannot work!

The assumption here is that you know how to use TWRP. However, as there is a first time for everyone, you must always grant TWRP full write access to your phone, otherwise it cannot work!
That is definitely true. However, TWRP does warn that installing zips may still modify the system partition anyway, regardless of setting.

The system installed but I can't enable ctsProfile. I've already run the props module through termux. Chose Redmi Note 9 Pro when prompted, typed "y" and rebooted. It's still false.

That is definitely true. However, TWRP does warn that installing zips may still modify the system partition anyway, regardless of setting.

The system installed but I can't enable ctsProfile. I've already run the props module through termux. Chose Redmi Note 9 Pro when prompted, typed "y" and rebooted. It's still false.
Magisk hide active and magisk installed with a New packagename? Both can be done within magisk.

Basically, just hide everything with Google in its name, apps and services, with Magisk Hide. Then SafetyNet should pass. Does for me.

Sounds like you missed a step with the props module.

Did you also set attestation to basic?

Just short info -> New ROM 11.0.7 (from Xiaomi.EU) for Joyeuse repaired Widewine to L1 level.

You need to download L1 in Settings - Passwords & Security - Fingerprint Unlock - Fingerprint Payments - Widevine L1 - Download Certificate

Then check Widevine in DRM Info app -> it will be L1.

Last edited:
Just short info -> New ROM 11.0.7 (from Xiaomi.EU) for Joyeuse repaired Widewine to L1 level.

You need to download L1 in Settings - Passwords & Security - Fingerprint Unlock - Fingerprint Payments - Widevine L1 - Download Certificate

I am unable to translate the page using google stranslator, it keeps saying translating forever. Can you please give the instructions on how to install the twrp using fastboot commands, i would greatly appreciate. thanks.

Didt do all this my device has been on L1 since the day i flashed 11.0.5 using twrp, so am still on L1

Why would i do that? Are you talking about people that used fastboot method at first then?
The instructions on Page 1 have evolved over time!

Flashing Persist.img was one way to get SafetyNET to work... BUT NOT the only way. However, this method had the unfortunate side effect of downgrading Widevine to level 3.

If you read the full thread, then it should have been obvious !

I have successfully installed twrp, but i have to mention, that the link to "autoinstall EXE" is not working anymore. The czech variant is working like charm.

I had installed the 10.0.4-Fastboot-verison installed. Installed twrp and did NOT format the data. Then installed latest 11.0.7. Works like charm :)
And the best part is really the now downloadable Widevine L1 certificate :D

Because of the missed step, i will check, if errors occur. I know, there might some...

Yesterday late evening I removed instructions about replacing Persist.img from 1st post.

On ROM 11.0.7 is possible to download Widevine L1 certificate. So, everybody who lost it, can get L1 level again.

Last edited:
I have successfully installed twrp, but i have to mention, that the link to "autoinstall EXE" is not working anymore. The czech variant is working like charm.

I had installed the 10.0.4-Fastboot-verison installed. Installed twrp and did NOT format the data. Then installed latest 11.0.7. Works like charm :)
And the best part is really the now downloadable Widevine L1 certificate :D

Because of the missed step, i will check, if errors occur. I know, there might some...
I tried it now, link to download Autoinstall.exe works well.

Forget to Fastboot ROM versions. Standard are recovery ROMs. The fastboot version was made only because we didn't have TWRP in the past. OTA update works through TWRP also.

I had recovery ROM 11.0.5 and TWRP in my phone. Two days ago it was automatically updated by OTA to version 11.0.7. If you haven't TWRP in your phone OTA update will not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOLO9393
hi every one can any one tell me how can deal with this twrp
attached with post

Attachments

• 20200920_220016.jpg
    20200920_220016.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 269
Can anyone explain to me how to change the built.prop in Redme note 9 pro
after the root and install some App which can write on prop and then i save it, but unfortunately it doesn't save.
is any solutions for that

Hello
I have followed the instructions given to the letter, installed the TWRP with the executable file, rebooted in recovery, formatted the data partition, installed the recovery Rom and then Magisk cleaned the Dalvik cache and Cache partitions and restarted the system.
After a few minutes the system started and I did the system setup, after ready only the applications and data retrieved from Google are on the phone the internal storage is zero and I can't install anything else if it isn't through the Play Store and when I am going to take a picture, an error message appears, "you cannot use the application until you insert the SD card".
What did I do wrong?
Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?

Thank you

Attachments

• FJIMG_20200924_193656 (redimensionado).jpg
    FJIMG_20200924_193656 (redimensionado).jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 232
  • FJIMG_20200924_193722 (redimensionado).jpg
    FJIMG_20200924_193722 (redimensionado).jpg
    736 KB · Views: 222
  • FJIMG_20200924_194644 (redimensionado).jpg
    FJIMG_20200924_194644 (redimensionado).jpg