TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

In what ways is this new version of TWRP any better than the previous LR-TWRP? What compelling reasons are there to upgrade, if indeed it is an "upgrade"?
LR.TWRP from the Russian site is not perfect, sometimes it has problems restoring backups. It is mainly a modified LR.TWRP for Redmi Note 9S.
This is new TWRP and is written directly for Joyeuse and it looks like the author will be working on updates (there are 4 versions for Joyeuse already)

System, vendor and product partitions are contained within the super partition under Android 10.

That's why it can't be wiped, and also the reason there's still no official custom recoveries for devices released with A10.

So I've been trying to read up on the changes android 10 introduced while I patiently wait for the release of a recovery that fully addresses them. Dynamic partitions, fastbootd etc..

But I don't understand the requirement to format data and the references to 'decrypt' it as I thought A10 switched to file-based encryption. In the official miui rom the option to encrypt storage isn't even present. Are you able to clue me in to any of this?

question on twrp backup.
Have installed 3.4.0.14-mauronofrio twrp on redmi note 9 eu edition i think /buy it in germany.
now i want tho make a complete backup from all partitions.
But it say backup error with the super partition(2 super partitions)
can made an backup.
any help welcome.
or is the data and efs partition backup enough ?

thanks für help.
pepsifreak

question on twrp backup.
Have installed 3.4.0.14-mauronofrio twrp on redmi note 9 eu edition i think /buy it in germany.
can made an backup.
any help welcome.

thanks für help.
pepsifreak
Current TWRP back up is inoperative or have huge risk of failure at refresh.
So forget this feature till better version will be released.

question on twrp backup.
can made an backup.
any help welcome.

thanks für help.
pepsifreak
The other LR-TWRP 3.4.1B backs up all partitions without any errors.

You should ignore Lolo as he does not own this phone model (Joyeuse) .

Reactions: pepsifreak
okay thanks man.
okay now it works.
It took me 3 days to find the problem.
had a 256gb SD card Sandisk Ultra used for TWRP.
Now I've got another SD card and inserted it.
Sandisk 128gb Extreme.
And it was working fine now.
Head on table 3 times ouch.
Thank you !!
use the file:
TWRP 3.4.1B by russian multilanguage version - made by Cuvetto from en / ru version (the code should be the same)

hope it works in an emergency.

okay thanks man.
okay now it works.
It took me 3 days to find the problem.
had a 256gb SD card Sandisk Ultra used for TWRP.
Now I've got another SD card and inserted it.
Sandisk 128gb Extreme.
And it was working fine now.
Head on table 3 times ouch.
Thank you !!
use the file:
TWRP 3.4.1B by russian multilanguage version - made by Cuvetto from en / ru version (the code should be the same)

hope it works in an emergency.
I'm running with a 512gb SD in my phone... no issues at all.

Mind you, I use it for maps and music, rather than TWRP.

Goodday, I have a question and I'm sorry I can't find the answer bij myself, but it is a busy world in my head after reading the information. I was capable to install the TWRP with the exe file and installed MIUI 11.05. Now I want to know, when I install another rom (eg 11.07 or in a while 12 or so) via TWRP, do I lose my phone or will I keep my apps? Thanks in advance

Goodday, I have a question and I'm sorry I can't find the answer bij myself, but it is a busy world in my head after reading the information. I was capable to install the TWRP with the exe file and installed MIUI 11.05. Now I want to know, when I install another rom (eg 11.07 or in a while 12 or so) via TWRP, do I lose my phone or will I keep my apps? Thanks in advance
No worry next rom will be installed the same way , dirty mode, no format data.
If you are on EU rom you receive OTA advice when an update is ready for you.

Not sure but 0530 is a TWRP for curtana, not for joyeuse.
Version LR.TWRP 0530 from 1st post is for Joyeuse!!!
You can see it on welcome screen..

LR.TWRP-0530.png

Last edited:
Can this LR-TWRP be installed directly from the previous LR-TWRP?

I got "invalid zip format" when i tried.
This is not ZIP install file!!! This is only ZIP archive, there are instructions in first post how to install it.

Installation:
- Extract ZIP file
- Switch the phone to Fastboot mode
- Connect your phone to your computer
- Run flash_twrp.bat from the extracted ZIP file and click Enter 3 times in the black window
- Switch off / restart the phone after installation

If you want install new TWRP prom old TWRP, unpack ZIP file, remove file twrp.img and install it as IMG file to Recovery partiton.

Last edited: