TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

Does installing Orangefox delete data and require a full system reinstallation?
It might be useful to add this custom recovery to Rbarat's excellent tutorial
Anyway thank you

Does installing Orangefox delete data and require a full system reinstallation?
It might be useful to add this custom recovery to Rbarat's excellent tutorial
Anyway thank you
I recall the OP wishing that his threads remain a topic soley for TWRP.

Other, more stable and more polished, custom recoveries are off topic.

Which version of orangefox are you using for joyeuse? Can't find it on the projetc site. Only curtana.

Hi, so i have managed to install it. However it was different to the manual. While this command
Code:
fastboot flash recovery OrangeFox-xyz.img
did not end in a persist installation, i was able - against the documentation - to boot with the image with
Code:
fastboot boot OrangeFox-xyz.img
and installing the recovery from that point and orangefox is now persistant on the device.
Now i tried to install the EU MIUI12 Stable, but it ends in a bootloop and orangefox is also missing a Fox folder on iinstallatio jof the ROM:
"Cannot create /sdcard/Fox folder (required key not available)

Last edited:
Now i tried to install the EU MIUI12 Stable, but it ends in a bootloop and orangefox is also missing a Fox folder on iinstallatio jof the ROM:
"Cannot create /sdcard/Fox folder (required key not available)
That sounds like your recovery was unable to decrypt data.

Did you format the data partition prior to installing the ROM?

Reactions: androik
Yes, he didn't format Data, therefore it is encrypted.

There are detailed instructions in the 1st post how to install recovery and ROM.

It's the same for TWRP or Orangefox.

Last edited:
Reactions: androik
Hi All,

so i did not wipe data, because i was able to decrypt via pin. Reason: i wanted to install root first because of backups conducted with root.
I wondering why its decrypting, plus im able to install the stock rom to switch back to normal. But its not working same way the EU one?!

Hi All,

so i did not wipe data, because i was able to decrypt via pin. Reason: i wanted to install root first because of backups conducted with root.
I wondering why its decrypting, plus im able to install the stock rom to switch back to normal. But its not working same way the EU one?!
Formatting is generally required when changing to a different ROM.
Upgrading the same ROM generally doesn't require formatting.

There may be exceptions to this, but hope it helps answer your question.

Hi All,

My advice is very simple, you have to format Data! Install Recovery + ROM according the instructions in the 1st post.

If you forget any step you will finish in troubles.

I on my redmi note 9 pro I solved with this:
"https://pitchblackrecovery.com/joyeuse/"

1 - install twrp PitchBlack recovery projet
2 - click Wipe, then Format Data -> type "yes" (this will decrypt your phone)
3 - restart your phone on TWRP
4 - In TWRP, connect the phone to the PC and copy the ROM to the internal memory
5 - Install ROM (in TWRP click on Install and select ZIP from archive)
6 - Restart the system

look here

Edit November 12, 2020:
TWRP 3.4.0-14 by mauronofrio (developer working with official TeamWin Recovery Project)
-> multilanguage
-> universal version usable for models Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Pocophone M2 Pro (Curtana, Joyeuse, Excalibur, Gram)
View attachment 32178View attachment 32462
Mauronofrio's TWRP download folder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mauronofrio-twrp/files/Curtana-Joyeuse-Gram-Excalibur/
For Joyeuse download latest file for Curtana
It works well for me

How to install:
- Install from old TWRP -> Install / Install IMG / select IMG file TWRP / select Recovery partition / Swipe to confirm
- Restart to Recovery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit October 23, 2020:
LR.TWRP 3.4.1B 0530 by russian
pages1 and pages2
-> made by modifying LR.TWRP for Redmi 9S
-> english /russain languages
-> multilanguage made from en/ru version by Cuvetto
View attachment 31338View attachment 32407

Edit:
Redmi Note 9 Pro uses two type of displays (Huaxing, Tianma), on Tianma display the "Swipe to unlock" button does not work after the display goes out. The solution is to turn off the "Enable screen timeout" option in TWRP Settings.

How to install:
a) by using IMG file - here instructions in czech language (use Google translator) -> you have to log in there to see pictures
Download IMG files:
1: EN/RU version
2: EN/RU version
3: multilanguage version - made by Cuvetto from en/ru version (the code should be the same)

b) by first type automatic installer, using an EXE program in Windows
View attachment 31280
Download autoinstall EXE:
1) https://uloz.to/file/qidj7XRHX6wm/joyeuse-twrp3-4-1b-autoinstall-exe
2) http://www.mediafire.com/file/huff14m4s8lbbz4/joyeuse-twrp3-4-1b-autoinstall-.exe/file

Instructions for install Twrp with automatic installer:
-Back up all your data (photos, videos, files, etc.), the whole phone will be deleted
-The phone must have the Bootloader unlocked
-You need to have drivers installed (you probably already have them when you unlocked Recovery - they are packed in a ZIP)
-Restart the phone to Fastboot mode (turn on the phone by holding down Vol- and Power), this picture will appear on the phone
Hi. This is my very first time to install a TWRP on my Redmi Note 9 Pro. I just want to ask what do you mean by this:
[-You need to have drivers installed (you probably already have them when you unlocked Recovery - they are packed in a ZIP)]
that is the only confusing part for me. Thank you in advance.

If you unlock the phone successfully , you have drivers in your PC already.

In this case it is not necessary to install drivers.

Last edited: