TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

Hi, first of all I wanted thank you guys for the great recovery and the precise instructions. I have the ROM V12.0.1 installed and it runs smoothly. I have just received OTA Updates to V12.0.2 and wanted to ask if I can install them or if I have to wait until the Full ROM V12.0.2 is available on this website and Flash via TWRP recovery? Thank you for help.

Latest TWRP 3.5 (TWRP-joyeuse-12012021-12.04.19.zip) successfully flashed from existing recovery (LR.TWRP 3.4.1B 0530). I did this by extracting the ZIP file and copying the recovery.img file to my phone. Then, booted the phone into LR TWRP and did an image flash of recovery.img to the Recovery partition.

All worked as expected.

Full backup of all partitions successfully run using TWRP 3.5.

Hi, first of all I wanted thank you guys for the great recovery and the precise instructions. I have the ROM V12.0.1 installed and it runs smoothly. I have just received OTA Updates to V12.0.2 and wanted to ask if I can install them or if I have to wait until the Full ROM V12.0.2 is available on this website and Flash via TWRP recovery? Thank you for help.
Latest Joyeuse Xiaomi.eu ROM is here... https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145718635

Note that this ROM can only be flashed from within TWRP (or OrangeFox).

Reactions: BNHuzvtmNFQiKMg
Hi,
did flash V12.0.2 from OrangeFox. I hoped a dirty Flash would do it but I had to format the phone to install it properly. I had all backed up anyway just as information for other users. Now V12.02 works fine. Great ROM.
Why you didnt use OTA update? Then it doesn't format anything.

Latest Joyeuse Xiaomi.eu ROM is here... https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145718635

Note that this ROM can only be flashed from within TWRP (or OrangeFox).
This is not true! The normal way is to update the ROM via OTA. It is not necessary to manually install the ROM from TWRP.
Find icon Updater and run it, its all. Phone will automaticaly download ROM update and install it.
Updater.jpg

Last edited:
yes but what about root? shouldn't we unroot (uninstall magisk) first? and root again after rom update?

yes but what about root? shouldn't we unroot (uninstall magisk) first? and root again after rom update?
It is not need to uninstall MAgisk before OTA.
You will need to reinstall Magisk when the update is complete.

It is actually not an incremental update, a complete ROM will be installed.

The fact that local ROMs support OTA is just the fantastic thing.

I'm trying to install last TWRP-joyeuse-12012021-12.04.19 with linux ( fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ) . Immediately after that (fastboot boot recovery.img ), I may enter in twrp but the recovery don't "stay".
After that, impossible to enter again by 2 usuals buttons (Sound UP & Power ON) or by command adb reboot recovery
I'm always back to the usual& simple Mi recovery. Any idea what's happen?

I'm trying to install last TWRP-joyeuse-12012021-12.04.19 with linux ( fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ) . Immediately after that (fastboot boot recovery.img ), I may enter in twrp but the recovery don't "stay".
After that, impossible to enter again by 2 usuals buttons (Sound UP & Power ON) or by command adb reboot recovery

I had the same problem, and found not to press the reboot button
but go back to the TWRP Menu
In TWRP menu click on the Reboot button, click "To Recovery" button.

I had the same problem, and found not to press the reboot button
but go back to the TWRP Menu
In TWRP menu click on the Reboot button, click "To Recovery" button.
Thanks @1010101 but I've already done that ans it's not working. I realy don't understand what's happen. It's like if I need to do something when I'm on the twrp and before "loosing" it
[EDIT] Here on point 7, I read " if you have an A/B device, then there would be no recovery partition. As a result, you will first have to boot your device to TWRP Recovery using its IMG file and then permanently install it via the ZIP file." Is it the case ? And if yes where to flash it (there are different options)

Last edited:
Hello,

If you don't use xiaomi.eu ROM or want to install Magisk (for rooting), you may need to flash a custom "vbmeta" image, made for your device, to avoid this "Mi Recovery overwrite TWRP" issue.

;)

Thanks @Poney70 where may I find a vbmeta for joyeuse ? Do I have to flash it immediately after installing twrp (and before flashing Magisk)? Maybe you've a link...

Thanks @Poney70 where may I find a vbmeta for joyeuse ? Do I have to flash it immediately after installing twrp (and before flashing Magisk)? Maybe you've a link...
You normally don't need to flash by yourself a "vbmeta" image if you flash Magisk in TWRP. ;)

If you can't find a "vbmeta.img", you can also try to flash this zip in TWRP => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145720179

It will install another custom TWRP and I reckon it can patch the current vbmeta partition of your device during its first boot. :)

Unfortunately it crashed and I had to completely reinstall it... Do you think I should wait official TWRP & official LineageOS ? Or somebody has a good step to step page for me?

Thanks @Poney70 for the help. Finally I could install TWRP-joyeuse-12012021-12.04.19 and root the phone. Unless someone has a wonderfull idea, I'll wait for the official LineageOs because Official seems Better :D

Hey guys, I´m having a problem for installing my favorite ROM in my Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse) . I´m using the latest firmware 12.0.2.0.QJZMIXM, I was using Android 10 Havoc 3.12 ROM, I decided to upgrade to Android 11 (ROM Havoc 4.1), so I checked this forum to upgrade my TWRP from 3.4.x to 3.5.x, So the first thing I did to clean flash was Format Data (and type "YES"), but now I have no access to the internal storage from my PC, I can see the device in my PC, even the data partition, but is not named "Internal Storage", and cannot see the storage capacity as before, when I try to copy flashable zip of the ROM, it is not possible to copy, I cannot copy any file, is like the Internal Storage is not working any more, the steps I followed were:

What I did was:
1) From TWRP 3.4.x, advance wipe cache, dalvik/chache and data, (not internal storage).
2) Upgrade to TWRP from v3.4.x to v3.5.x.
3) Reboot recovery to new TWRP 3.5.x
4) Wipe -> Format Data (typed "yes")
6) Reboot recovery.
7) Try to copy ROM.zip from my PC but Internal Storage is not working, i´m dragging he files to "data" but I´m having errors.

So I cannot copy or access internal storage, I though it might be because encryption, but I removed password/pin/pattern before format, also Format Data is supposed to remove encryption.

There´s something I noticed , in the log of TWRP before wiping data, there´s always an error message:

E: Unable to decrypt FBE device

What I did was flash MIUI again from Mi Flash Tool, everything works now, but I want my custom ROM, I tried all the process again, reboot fastboot, flash recovery, wipe Format Data, but this time using Orangefox recovery, but I´m having the same luck, after Format Data I cannot copy the ROM.zip or anythong from my PC to the device. Should I do something else? is it mandatory to Wipe -> Format Data -> to remove MIUI before install ROM.zip?

Any suggestions guys, in the mean time my phone is out of service :(

Attachments

• Data partition After Format Data.jpg
    Data partition After Format Data.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Error Unable to decrypt FBE device after Format Data.jpg
    Error Unable to decrypt FBE device after Format Data.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 284
Hey guys, I´m having a problem for installing my favorite ROM in my Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse) . I´m using the latest firmware 12.0.2.0.QJZMIXM, I was using Android 10 Havoc 3.12 ROM, I decided to upgrade to Android 11 (ROM Havoc 4.1), so I checked this forum to upgrade my TWRP from 3.4.x to 3.5.x, So the first thing I did to clean flash was Format Data (and type "YES"), but now I have no access to the internal storage from my PC, I can see the device in my PC, even the data partition, but is not named "Internal Storage", and cannot see the storage capacity as before, when I try to copy flashable zip of the ROM, it is not possible to copy, I cannot copy any file, is like the Internal Storage is not working any more, the steps I followed were:

What I did was:
1) From TWRP 3.4.x, advance wipe cache, dalvik/chache and data, (not internal storage).
2) Upgrade to TWRP from v3.4.x to v3.5.x.
3) Reboot recovery to new TWRP 3.5.x
4) Wipe -> Format Data (typed "yes")
6) Reboot recovery.
7) Try to copy ROM.zip from my PC but Internal Storage is not working, i´m dragging he files to "data" but I´m having errors.

So I cannot copy or access internal storage, I though it might be because encryption, but I removed password/pin/pattern before format, also Format Data is supposed to remove encryption.

There´s something I noticed , in the log of TWRP before wiping data, there´s always an error message:

E: Unable to decrypt FBE device

What I did was flash MIUI again from Mi Flash Tool, everything works now, but I want my custom ROM, I tried all the process again, reboot fastboot, flash recovery, wipe Format Data, but this time using Orangefox recovery, but I´m having the same luck, after Format Data I cannot copy the ROM.zip or anythong from my PC to the device. Should I do something else? is it mandatory to Wipe -> Format Data -> to remove MIUI before install ROM.zip?

Any suggestions guys, in the mean time my phone is out of service :(
Hello,

First, please use the new TWRP version I gave in my previous post here (post #396). ;)

E: Unable to decrypt FBE device means that your device is not encrypted. So it's normal to see this error after formatting the data partition. :)

And don't forget to reboot to Recovery after the "Format Data" process.

Hello,

First, please use the new TWRP version I gave in my previous post here (post #396). ;)

E: Unable to decrypt FBE device means that your device is not encrypted. So it's normal to see this error after formatting the data partition. :)

And don't forget to reboot to Recovery after the "Format Data" process.

Thanks! my device is up and running again, finally Android 11. Just one problem, the Internal Storage was not working after Format Data, but I copied everything to the microSD card and installed from there. So in case another person is having the same problem, they might need a microSD card close.