TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

Looking up error 7 thats the code for trying to install a rom thats not compatible.
But I do have a Redmi Note 9 EU Joyus version.

Looking up error 7 thats the code for trying to install a rom thats not compatible.
But I do have a Redmi Note 9 EU Joyus version.
"Error: 7" is the default error code when zip installation is failing. ;)

Your issue is => assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions

I don't know how to fix this issue, try an older TWRP version or... wait another answer. :)

The older TeamWin TWRP 'TWRP-miatoll-v2-31032021.zip' installed fine.
I boot the TWRP rather than install, but that shouldn't make a diffrence.
So I guess the newer version has something with system_ext or something changed with reading the partition structure that only a full format would fix.

Reactions: Poney70
Cool! :)

I think you are right about the partitions problem. ;)

So it's not always good to install the latest TWRP if the old one is (still) working fine. :D

Last edited:
I boot the TWRP rather than install, but that shouldn't make a diffrence.
So I guess the newer version has something with system_ext or something changed with reading the partition structure that only a full format would fix.

Do you actually have a system_ext partition to mount? Looks like it's a new partition introduced in Android 11.

Not sure why the assert failed but passed using an older version of twrp though

does anyone know how to reset twrp settings?
I had 3.5.0 installed and I updated to 3.5.2, but I don't like the latter, because I cannot always reboot to it (sometimes normal reboot)
from my favorite app quick reboot, but when I restore to 3.5.0 I got 3 more partitions to backup,
which produce error in 3.5.0 (but work in 3.5.2),
so how to reset twrp settings?

or is any other app to reboot to recovery that works well with 3.5.2?

It's quite curious, after updating the rom to go to 12.0.3, then reinstalling the root with Magisk, I wanted to wipe the cache and there my TWRP disappeared, to make room for the stock recovery! I did not think that these operations impacted the Recovery!

hi

i d really like to unlock my device again and go from stock to xiaomi eu rom with twrp

but i am kinda confused on locked bootloader with miunlock tool:

after sining in on phone and miunlock tool i only get account overview and a settings icon but no unlock screen?

whats wrong here please?

Attachments

• unlocktool.jpg
    unlocktool.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 203
Can someone tell me if there is any difference or benefit from flashing a phone (Note 9 Pro EU/global) ROM using the Xiaomi tool: https://xiaomitool.com/V2/latest
versus the TWRP method described in this thread?
I was able to successfully install the same V12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM rom from the tool just fine it seems...

Can someone tell me if there is any difference or benefit from flashing a phone (Note 9 Pro EU/global) ROM using the Xiaomi tool: https://xiaomitool.com/V2/latest
versus the TWRP method described in this thread?
I was able to successfully install the same V12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM rom from the tool just fine it seems...

This may be a question for the xiaomitool developer, looks like this is a unofficial tool and shouldn't be confused with MiFlash which is the official Windows tool for updating via fastboot

hi

i d really like to unlock my device again and go from stock to xiaomi eu rom with twrp

but i am kinda confused on locked bootloader with miunlock tool:

after sining in on phone and miunlock tool i only get account overview and a settings icon but no unlock screen?

whats wrong here please?

There should be an option to view the logs if you click the gear icon in the top right. You should also update your copy of the unlock tool -

Download v5.5.224.24

hi, i am in possession of a redmi note 9 pro (joyesuse) with:

- twrp: pitch black version 3.0.0 (01/11/2020) from "https://pitchblackrecovery.com/joyeuse/"
- xiaomi.eu: v12.0.3.0 QJZMIXM (stable) android 10 -> updated several times starting from version 12.0.0

I recently saw that a new update is available "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11"

my questions are:
- to perform this update I also have to update the twrp since I pass from android 10 to android 11 ?? -> twrp: pitch black version 3.1.0 (30/03/2021)
- if you just install it as if it were the first time or is there an upgrade operation within the current twrp?
- is it possible to downgrade from android 11 to android 10 in the future?

- twrp: pitch black version 3.0.0 (01/11/2020) from "https://pitchblackrecovery.com/joyeuse/"
- xiaomi.eu: v12.0.3.0 QJZMIXM (stable) android 10 -> updated several times starting from version 12.0.0

I recently saw that a new update is available "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11"

my questions are:
- to perform this update I also have to update the twrp since I pass from android 10 to android 11 ?? -> twrp: pitch black version 3.1.0 (30/03/2021)
- if you just install it as if it were the first time or is there an upgrade operation within the current twrp?
I try to update with trwp but dont work

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9 Pro através do Tapatalk

my questions are:

I used PBRP-miatoll-3.1.0-20210420-1027-UNOFFICIAL.zip by dungphp to update and it worked without issue. The ROM is only available as a full OTA (as opposed to the o a patch ota) but you don't need to do anything with your /data partition, although I'd imagine you'd need to at least wipe it if you wanted to downgrade

upgrade to V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11 succeeded thanks to
PBRP-miatoll-3.1.0-20210330-1801-OFFICIAL (from today their site is suspended, do you have any news about it ??!)

But I have a question: Why is the update to the google play system so old? (updating and then restarting doesn't change anything) do you also have this problem? (second image circled in red)

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_2021-05-28-14-30-10-259_com.android.settings.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_2021-05-28-14-30-10-259_com.android.settings.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 160
  • thumbnail_Screenshot_2021-05-28-14-30-20-090_com.android.settings.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_2021-05-28-14-30-20-090_com.android.settings.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 175
upgrade to V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11 succeeded thanks to
PBRP-miatoll-3.1.0-20210330-1801-OFFICIAL (from today their site is suspended, do you have any news about it ??!)

But I have a question: Why is the update to the google play system so old? (updating and then restarting doesn't change anything) do you also have this problem? (second image circled in red)
U can update the Google play.. just press there

U can update the Google play.. just press there

i tried to do this, but when i reboot it always remains 1 / sep / 2020.
that's why I was wondering if you also had this problem

clicking on update and the next restart appears 1 / May / 2021, but after a few moments the phone restarts by itself and returns to 1 / September / 2020.
PS:I did a clean install for V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11
some advice?

SEE TIMETABLE IN THE SCREEN

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 157
clicking on update and the next restart appears 1 / May / 2021, but after a few moments the phone restarts by itself and returns to 1 / September / 2020.
PS:I did a clean install for V12.0.1.0.RJZMIXM_v12-11
some advice?

SEE TIMETABLE IN THE SCREEN
Do it again